Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Food plots are in and growing. Have a couple of ground blinds set up and will have 2 tree blinds up by Labor day. Hitting the target ok (most of the time) at 30 to 35 yards. My son is getting pretty good. He turned 12 last Nov. 2 so only got a short season last year. Both of us still need lots of practice. Anyone else getting ready?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I shoot regularly and I am ready to go. There is an excellent 3D course at Huron Pointe Sportsmen's Association on 28 Mile Rd. in Lenox Twp. They run a large event on August 24 that is geared towards kids that allows them to shoot shotgun, rifle, airgun and bows with instructors. It is a great way to introduce youngsters to the heritage of the outdoors

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Huron Pointe Sportsmen is a great group of people. The event your talking about I believe is their Heritage Days. Lots of fun for the whole family and a great way to get the kids interested in the outdoors.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Scared up one deer on 7/5. Came out of a stand of pines along the back of the property. Ran by us about 20' away. Spotted another one on 7/12. It came out of an emerging stand of hardwoods about 50' from us. Let's hope they get that close after the season opens.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(ajhshot98 @ Jul 25 2003, 03:06 PM)What kind of bow is everyone using?
I use a XI bout five years old! I get a nice grouping!

Havn't shot it yet this year...
Usually I shoot throughout the year.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(ajhshot98 @ Jul 25 2003, 03:06 PM)What kind of bow is everyone using?
I shoot a High Country "Rage". Small, light and accurate. I like it even though it's old.
I don't bow hunt much anymore, my sister and her husband sold their 13 acers in Capac two years ago. I gave up looking for local places to hunt. Seems like everywhere I go I find more hunters then deer.

I have turned into a big time bird hunter. I go up to Alpena for 7 days every Oct. Grouse and Woodcock....yeah baby, that's where the fun is.....
wel, for me anyway......

NoCode

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE(NoCode_DNR @ Aug 1 2003, 09:41 PM)QUOTE(ajhshot98 @ Jul 25 2003, 03:06 PM) What kind of bow is everyone using?
I shoot a High Country "Rage". Small, light and accurate. I like it even though it's old.
I don't bow hunt much anymore, my sister and her husband sold their 13 acers in Capac two years ago. I gave up looking for local places to hunt. Seems like everywhere I go I find more hunters then deer.

I have turned into a big time bird hunter. I go up to Alpena for 7 days every Oct. Grouse and Woodcock....yeah baby, that's where the fun is.....
wel, for me anyway......

NoCode
There is a nice State Game Area up in Minden City that is loaded with Grouse. Might want to check it out

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I just ordered an AR-34 made by PSE. It was at an archery show and they had it on a machine that was dry firing it 10 times per hour, 24 hours a day, and it was the tenth day of the show! 3.6 lbs (before accessories). I can't wait to pick it up. It's replacing a 15 year old Browning Accelerator, which will go to my daughter as she has the strenghth to pull it back. A little pricy, but worth it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.