Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was jsut in there and as usual a lot of people were in there but it didn't take me long to find what I needed What took forevwer was the checkout I was almost all done with ringing my stuff up and the cash register froze the cashier make me wait for a while she couldn't figure out how to fix the problem and she kept telling me to wait. What else am I going to do?
Then since it was taking for ever and she was too stupid to call a manager for assistance I told her listen let me pay for what is rung up so far so I can get out I didn't want to spend this beautiful day in Meijer. Again she says wait then the reciept got stuck I told her that I don't care about the paper just let me have the food that you rung up and I'm outta here. She said "oops I cleared it all you have to go and get everything rerung and wait in line all over again. THAT WAS ONE DUMB BROAD IF SHE THOUGH THTAT I WAS GOING TO DO THAT. NOW I KNOW WHERE THE EMPLOYEES THAT MCDONALDS FIRED GO.

·
12,052 Posts
No reason to botcott them. Dumb cashiers = cheaper food.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
that sucks but yeah what hammer said, cheaper food. However if they were gonna make me wait in line all over again to re-ring a large purchase I would've just walked. let them deal with their own stupidity. I hope thats what you did, just walked.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I already boycott Walmart, I usually like Meijer.
bummer about the bad cashier.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Apr 15 2004, 03:24 PM)that sucks but yeah what hammer said, cheaper food. However if they were gonna make me wait in line all over again to re-ring a large purchase I would've just walked. let them deal with their own stupidity. I hope thats what you did, just walked.
That's exactly how I felt and that's exactly what I did!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Which Meijer were you at, Kat?

I have to agree that suggesting one boycott Meijer because of technical problems and/or inept employees, is overkill. I don't think one bad experience justifies that! Write a letter to the store director if you are really upset... they will go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied, and to retain you as a customer.

Meijer rocks!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Apr 15 2004, 03:37 PM)Which Meijer were you at, Kat?

I have to agree that suggesting one boycott Meijer because of technical problems and/or inept employees, is overkill. I don't think one bad experience justifies that! Write a letter to the store director if you are really upset... they will go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied, and to retain you as a customer.

Meijer rocks!
If it wasm't for their hours and their alcohol and other large variety of things I would never shop their. Anyway it's the on on Hall road and Hayes.
Although, I've waited in line forever at both that Meijer and the one on 16 mile and Van **** on several occasions.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Apr 15 2004, 03:25 PM)I already boycott Walmart, I usually like Meijer.
Is that YOU?? I looks like it could be you ot it could be Madonna. Reguardless it's a nice picture, whoever she is she looks good.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i've had nothing but trouble from the one on little mack/13. from the customer service counter, to the help in the aisles to the inept cashiers to the rudeness from the staff... after 6 visits and EVERY ONE was heinously negitive, i refuse to go to that one.

the one in fraser on utica/15 rocks.

·
12,052 Posts
Use the self check out lanes. Then you can yell at yourself.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Apr 15 2004, 04:49 PM)i've had nothing but trouble from the one on little mack/13.

Totally agree. I won't go to that one. I usually go to the 23/Gratiot one.

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Apr 15 2004, 04:14 PM)I was jsut in there and as usual a lot of people were in there but it didn't take me long to find what I needed What took forevwer was the checkout I was almost all done with ringing my stuff up and the cash register froze the cashier make me wait for a while she couldn't figure out how to fix the problem and she kept telling me to wait. What else am I going to do?
Then since it was taking for ever and she was too stupid to call a manager for assistance I told her listen let me pay for what is rung up so far so I can get out I didn't want to spend this beautiful day in Meijer. Again she says wait then the reciept got stuck I told her that I don't care about the paper just let me have the food that you rung up and I'm outta here. She said "oops I cleared it all you have to go and get everything rerung and wait in line all over again. THAT WAS ONE DUMB BROAD IF SHE THOUGH THTAT I WAS GOING TO DO THAT. NOW I KNOW WHERE THE EMPLOYEES THAT MCDONALDS FIRED GO.
Did they want you to wait in line all over again or did they try to set you up somewhere else to take care of you? Sometimes you have technical difficulties and thats life but it's BS if they wanted to make you wait in line again.

·
Registered
512 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Apr 15 2004, 03:45 PM)If it wasm't for their hours and their alcohol and other large variety of things I would never shop their. ..
damn them for being so convenient and a good store for you..

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Apr 15 2004, 03:49 PM)i've had nothing but trouble from the one on little mack/13. from the customer service counter, to the help in the aisles to the inept cashiers to the rudeness from the staff... after 6 visits and EVERY ONE was heinously negitive, i refuse to go to that one.

That one IS scary, I am not sure why. I LOVE Meijer!!!! I know where everything is, there always have what I need! Don't hate KAT!!! Meijer is our friend. (think of the alternatives) Farmer Jack

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Apr 15 2004, 08:28 PM)Don't hate KAT!!! Meijer is our friend. (think of the alternatives) Farmer Jack

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry you had such a bad experience Kat! I'm with CK - the one in fraser is the best.

Meijer is one of my companies biggest clients, so I'm not going to be able to boycott them, besides they are so danged convenient. Just a little tidbit for you - they are starting to remodel the Meijer stores again and added some more higher level stuff so they might be able to get better help eventually!

PS - The Meijer you went to is one of my least favorites and so is the one on 16 and Vandyke. Little mack/13 has it's days but we shop there since it's so close.

Good luck in future Meijer endevors!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Apr 15 2004, 03:47 PM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Apr 15 2004, 03:25 PM) I already boycott Walmart, I usually like Meijer.
Is that YOU?? I looks like it could be you ot it could be Madonna. Reguardless it's a nice picture, whoever she is she looks good.

No! It's Gwen Stefani from No Doubt! We met at Jewel's party last Wednesday.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I purposly screwed up a check out gig in order to have the cashier take all sorts of time "dealing" with me at K-mart a bunch of times. LOL

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Apr 15 2004, 04:49 PM)i've had nothing but trouble from the one on little mack/13. from the customer service counter, to the help in the aisles to the inept cashiers to the rudeness from the staff... after 6 visits and EVERY ONE was heinously negitive, i refuse to go to that one.

I haven't been to meijer in a while but the one at 15/Utica is great! I live near the one on 13/little mack and it scares me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts