Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested the Seminar schedule for the upcoming event is now available on Line!
Bass Pro Shps

Also new for this year is the Blast off Sale on Saturday March 13th! Great deals not included in the regular sale will be available. Watch the paper for the Ad!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks good Tom. I didn't think Auburn Hills was seminars this year for the classic. "Too many stores, not enough pro's / reps to go around"

Anyway, I just have to ask....What the heck does Mini know about Walleye Tournament Fishing???

Is it a typo and should read "Bass Tournament Fishing"?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I thought the same thing on Walleye's, but figured I might not want to believe what he says about st. Clair anyway.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey you guys know Mini.......he knows everything about fishing!!!!!!!!

But it is a typo!

However the Classics are changing because of the lack of National Bass Fishing Pro's available to support the stores. With the FLW and Tour going in the Spring and not all year the guys just can't get to the spring shows. This is cause for great concern of the Sponsors. We will see what happens.
In our case I elected not to have the product booths for our event. Instead we will have just as many vendors but they will be in the aisles next to their products instead of in a booth. I think it makes sense for the fisherman to talk with them at the same place they buy the product!
In addition it gives us more room to have extra activities for the customers and kids to enjoy! We will still have booths with Tournament organizations, booking agents and Conservation groups.
I really think the deals and events are much better this year than previous.

The tent sale items we bought are incredible deals this year! The new format on the last weekend with special ads are hot! Want a Sneak preview! Mercury Premium Plus for 10.88 on Saturday morning!

Hope you all can make the show and take advantage of the savings!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have not missed one yet, and don't plan to start now.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Tom,

What kind of deals will there be on reels this year? Will you have the reel exchange program again?

I have budgeted for 6 new spinning reels and 3 baitcasters. All Quantums. How good the deals are will determine which models I get (Catalyst vs. Kinetic)

I wish the Spring Classic was in February. I can never wait until March. I just dropped $500 in there last weekend. Trying to convince my wife that I need to spend more $$$ in March is to be tough....

Thanks,
Marke

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Looking forward to it....thanks for the heads up folks...I better get to know some of the PWT lingo...lol

I will be talking about fishing tournaments (bass tournaments). I guess it will be mostly about strategy and current organizations that have tournaments for all levels.

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
QUOTE(East Coast @ Feb 27 2004, 07:00 PM)I have budgeted for 6 new spinning reels and 3 baitcasters.
Can you buy me one?

·
Registered
397 Posts
QUOTE(Alex @ Mar 1 2004, 07:13 PM)QUOTE(East Coast @ Feb 27 2004, 07:00 PM) I have budgeted for 6 new spinning reels and 3 baitcasters.
Can you buy me one?
I would if I could Alex. I don't know if I'm getting 6 and 3 myself yet. If I can't find a sale or good deal I may only end up with 4 & 1. The bait casters I could possibly go with out but I DESPERATELY need some new spinning reels.

Maybe I'll check e-Bay.

I need to meet a guy with a good Quantum Sponsorship

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marke,
The reel trade in program is alive and well this year! It really depends on what you are looking for in reels. The AD is going to start on Friday instead of Saturday. An Ad is being placed in tomorrows paper.

If you haven't received a copy of the Ad by tomorrow you can get one at the store! I assure you that the deals in the Ad are great but the unadvertised specials in the Tent sale portion are even better! If you need more specific info let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks Tom.

My flyer was in the kitchen when I got home today. I'll be seeing you guys this weekend.

I tried to send you an e-mail but I don't know if I spelled your last name correctly. Let me know if you don't get it.

Marke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts