Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same kind of success as Selfridge - a lot of small fish for every keeper. I fished half way between the pier and the red tower in about 5' of water. Caught 8 keepers and lost count of the throw backs. Everything on a Gill Getter jig with spikes. Ice was a solid 5".

·
Registered
430 Posts
how was the water clearity? and when i was out there about a week or so ago nothing but dinks!!!

i had some of my the best days last year at brandenburg. i keep waiting for that post that says the jumbos have moved in!

thanks for the report!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fairly clear water considering how windy it was. I talked to a few other guys coming in, and nobody had anything great to report.

·
Registered
430 Posts
last year went out on a saturday. there was a pressure crack that was iffy and everybody but like 4 guys were on the safe side of it. me seeing the 4 guys on the other side said hey maybe they are doing good. i crossed the crack and ventured my way towards them. after the 3rd move i was on the fish so hot and heavy it was insane! water crystal clear, schools apon schools of jumbos. went home with 30+ fish! i miss those days
my dad joined me around noon. crossing the crack one leg went compleatly under! lmao!!!

next day fished same spot and nothing! shows how hit or miss it can be

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
my experience at Brandenburg....

If you wait for the report about jumbos being in... it is already too late.

You have to make the report there, not wait for it. Fish move in and out of there quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts