Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody! brandenburg park is not far from im live. i heard that people fishing from this bridge.
i would like to hear opinion from forum members what fish i can get:) from this bridge and is it legal to fishing in that park?

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
you will catch pike and panfish and you can fish it but it gets pretty busy during the summer

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
late afternoons is when i fished it less people and the pike seemed to hit better never really fished it in the morning

·
Registered
68 Posts
Eh to tell you the truth brandenburg park is a rather poor place to fish in these summer months. Its more of an early spring place. In the spring you can really catch alot of fish if you have an idea of what your trying to do, but now the water is too overgrown with weeds and its tough to fish with anything there right now. In the fall it gets a little better but nothing compared to the spring. New Baltimore beach is a little better and less crowded but I just got back from there and only 1 to show for my efforts. I recommend fishing anchor bay with a boat this time of year if anything. Ill see you there in the fall and spring though
.good luck

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i've had great luck over the years @ bburg park during summer...ya just gotta go right as the sun is going down, use tubes or spinners. Ya, you might have to pick off some weeds, but you'll find some big bass there. 1/2 - 2/3 the way down on the L side. If all else fails, cast paralell to the pier and retrieve slowly. Alotta bass hide next to the pier supports. Be careful with casting, alot of baits have been lost there. Ive caught cats, pike, musky, bass, panfish there pretty much all year. Just change baits until you find whats working. Seems the fish are trained to not bite over-fished baits.

Also, cast to the R of the building ruins to the L of the pier to find some good numbers of bass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts