Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 Houses north and 3 houses south of me the coast guard has blocked off. 2 people can't swim found 30 minutes later apx 200 yards out from my house.
Lots of action here cops in back yard hellicopters..... gotta go watch

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw someone jump in off of the chopper 5 minutes ago

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Mich. (AP) -- Rescuers are searching for a pair of missing boaters on Lake St. Clair near Detroit.

U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Zachary Ford says a 57-year-old male and a 15-year-old male were swimming in the lake off St. Clair Shores when their pontoon boat drifted away Tuesday afternoon.

Ford says a woman aboard the boat was fine and a third male swimmer were rescued but the other two people have not been located.

Ford says the man is wearing black shorts and the teenager is wearing gray shorts. He says neither was wearing a life jacket.

Ford says two Coast Guard boats and a helicopter are searching the scene, as are personnel from the Macomb and Wayne county sheriff's departments.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Channel 7 chopper has been out here for over an hour. The others are slacking

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Channel 7 chopper has been out here for over an hour. The others are slacking

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
They brought the young man down our canal on the coast guard boat did not look promising- God I hope I am wrong and I hope the older man looking like it is going to storm soon that won't help the coast guard search!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Channel 7 will be having an update soon.......

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(woodieb8 @ Jul 28 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>this sucks. most of these stories are preventable.

This one for sure was preventable.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Saw on channel 7 or 4 that they were poking their pole in the water, they must have had a sonar target. It's in God's hands now, a simple life jacket.... and we wouldn't be having this thread

·
Registered
528 Posts
Channel 7 is the only one with good coverage...

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/BREAKING-Co...3zfteBY7Rg.cspx

(WXYZ) - Coast Guard rescue crews pulled a teenage boy out of Lake St. Clair and began performing CPR on the boy.

WATCH CHOPPER 7 REPORT IN THE VIDEO PLAYER ON THE RIGHT

He was rushed to shore and taken to a nearby hospital. The teen had been in the water for three hours.

Coast Guard crews are still searching for a 57-year-old man who also disappeared in the water.

Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel says 4 people went out on the lake in a Pontoon boat to have a day of fun. A 31-year-old man jumped off the boat into the water and got in some type of trouble while swimming. A 57-year-old man and a 13-year old boy jumped in to help him. They went under. The 31-year-old man was rescued and will be ok.

Another person on board the Pontoon called 911 for help when the two people did not surface.

Macomb County divers will continue to search the water for the 57-year-old man. He has been in the water for several hours.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.