Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I spoke with a guy who has a guide service and he claims that the ice had blow out a ways there last week. There was still some accessible ice left in the bay but the guy said it was no where near where the fish are. I heard some good reports prior to the warmup and I think everyone is just waiting for good safe ice again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUOTE(shmitty @ Feb 1 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ya, talked to my dad and he said his buddy was doing good before that warm up i thought he meant now
Drove the Brest Bay basin roads today looking for access. Went out all the way to the tip of the point and then headed back around all the canals to Brest Bay Road. Brest Bay Marina charges $5 to park but the hours only say from 10-4 and pay at the store. Approximately 5-6 vehicles were parked there. There were 6 shanties straight out from the marina and another pack of shanties farther East towards the tip of the point. All access was with quads and i don't know if i would make the hike over the unknown by myself. It looks like a good 30-45 minute walk to get out where the boys were fishing. Driving up from Toledo and i decided to check it out. Now I know...

The ice directly east of the point looked crappy at best and there were no signs of life outside of the bay...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(reel_crazy @ Feb 1 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(shmitty @ Feb 1 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ya, talked to my dad and he said his buddy was doing good before that warm up i thought he meant now
Drove the Brest Bay basin roads today looking for access. Went out all the way to the tip of the point and then headed back around all the canals to Brest Bay Road. Brest Bay Marina charges $5 to park but the hours only say from 10-4 and pay at the store. Approximately 5-6 vehicles were parked there. There were 6 shanties straight out from the marina and another pack of shanties farther East towards the tip of the point. All access was with quads and i don't know if i would make the hike over the unknown by myself. It looks like a good 30-45 minute walk to get out where the boys were fishing. Driving up from Toledo and i decided to check it out. Now I know...

The ice directly east of the point looked crappy at best and there were no signs of life outside of the bay...

Thanks for the report reel crazy sounds good gonna try and get up there towards the end of the week hope they are catchn some need to get some eye's for the freezer!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was out there last Saturday. No fish and open water in the middle of the bay. It is freezing back up and should be good this weekend. Someone did go in the water that night and was rescued after being in the water for 35 minutes. Be careful! They sell fish in the store. Not worth losing your life!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just spoke with my friends at the bait shop, and the thick ice did blow away. There are people fishing the bay now, but walkers only. The ice is all new ice and only a few to 4 inches thick. Action has been good to great. My friend hit a nice 8lb female there on the warm weekend. And that same weekend, the owner of Bottom Line Bait and his friends hooked 40 plus, with 20 keepers. One of them was over 10 pounds. Good luck and be careful. I do not recommend walking that bay unless you know the area well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts