Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
I do not make it over to North River Rd. at all lately so I do not know. But, I do miss having the bridge up. When going to anywhere north of 16 mile Rd. It is a pain in the a$$.

Anyone have current pictures or a description of the progress? I have heard that it is slow going from a couple people this past weekend.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i drove by saturday, one leg looks complete the other 2 old legs are still standing . . . . doesn't look promising for november opening, but I don't know bridge construction.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 15 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I do not make it over to North River Rd. at all lately so I do not know. But, I do miss having the bridge up. When going to anywhere north of 16 mile Rd. It is a pain in the a$$.

Anyone have current pictures or a description of the progress? I have heard that it is slow going from a couple people this past weekend.

Try going to WestMarine from MacRay.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(pquest29 @ Jul 15 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 15 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Try going to WestMarine from MacRay.

What?!?! You don't like paying double at the store on this side of the river?

Don't think they would have the part I needed the last time round. I've gone in there for basic stuff.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We took a ride up the river Sunday and it does not look like they will be done anytime soon! That's what happens when you pick the lowest bidder! The demolition isn't even finished!

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(msu_gost8 @ Jul 15 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i drove by saturday, one leg looks complete the other 2 old legs are still standing . . . . doesn't look promising for november opening, but I don't know bridge construction.

Only one old support is standing as of 1:30 yesterday and they are forming to pour concrete at the N.River/Bridgeview intersection.It looks like it taking long but that is the way constuction is,i think they will finish ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(pquest29 @ Jul 15 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(KennyG @ Jul 15 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(pquest29 @ Jul 15 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>See attached .pdf

View attachment 63927

Photos are at least a week old.

Well... it does say bridge update for the week of July 6th.

It's the lastest email I've received from the RCMC.

Did'nt see the date,there rolling along slowly but surely.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
QUOTE(KennyG @ Jul 15 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(pquest29 @ Jul 15 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(KennyG @ Jul 15 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(pquest29 @ Jul 15 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>See attached .pdf

View attachment 63927

Photos are at least a week old.

Well... it does say bridge update for the week of July 6th.

It's the lastest email I've received from the RCMC.

Did'nt see the date,there rolling along slowly but surely.

I had a more sarcastic post typed, but the emoticons to convey my message weren't available. I will be glad when the bridge is completed.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Both Piers are down at least to the water line from what i saw today and they poured the curb Radius's from N.River partially up the ramp.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Good news or bad news first?

The word on the street (this would be the bad news) is that the DNR is trying to hold up the construction as to not disrupt the fish spawning in that area of the Clinton River. If they get their way, the bridge may not be done (possibly) until ..... ?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jul 15 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good news or bad news first?

The word on the street (this would be the bad news) is that the DNR is trying to hold up the construction as to not disrupt the fish spawning in that area of the Clinton River. If they get their way, the bridge may not be done (possibly) until ..... ?
And the good news??

Is there any chance the new bridge won't need a pier in the water???

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jul 15 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good news or bad news first?

They were working on the remaining sections of the Peir's below the water level today.Would'nt that effect the spawning?????????

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Hey, its what I heard from a reputable source (remember the Macomb County Road Commission founded my place of business)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I drive by 4 - 5 days a week and progress is moving S L O W. I don't need to go that way but the option would be nice, maybe next season.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts