Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LONDON, April 30 - Anglers take note - British scientists say that after years of debate, they now have proof that fish feel pain.Animal activists are on the warpath after a study released on Wednesday showed how rainbow trout react to discomfort. They condemned fishing as cruel and demanded an end to the sport - but anglers themselves dismissed the study.

Full Story Here

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
New Flash to PETA peoples! If you're alive, plants and animals die every day to keep you that way. How can anyone with a human brain be so duped to 1) give money to a group who's main purpose is to raise money, and 2) who can only truly reach their goals by the extinction of the human race, since all humans have to eat to survive and all food comes from living things that want to stay alive.

I'm thinking after this bass season thing calms down, I might get active on the PETA forum...

·
Registered
685 Posts
There's a respectful way to hunt and fish that acknowledges the lives of the animals we catch or kill. No real sportsman revels in causing pain, and I think that good catch and release techniques safeguard and improve our fishing. Not that I'm opposed to pan frying my catch!

Hunting and fishing will always be popular, and PETA is foolish to come out against them. On the other hand, I think it's equally fooling to think that pain is a product of higher brain function. We know that fish react to temperature and other stimulus. Why not pain?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts