Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Granted i can get emotional about certain things.
There was an elderly man in California who was the victim of such a cruel scam.
A man stole his dog, his beloved companion since his wife died, and demanded 10,000 for her safe return. This jerk told him where to put the $$ and told him his dog was tied up near by, whining and crying for him. By no means does this man look like he is 'well to do' but he withdrew the 10,000 from the bank and brought it where he was told to (the man was there with a knife) only to find that his dog wasn't even there. He gave up at that point and went home broken hearted. To his surprise his dog was at his house.

This man is now working with the police to try and find this jerk.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree, this poor old guy probably took his nest egg or part of it. He's a little slow walking around due to age. And i can just picture him searching for his dog through the wooded area the theif told him to look only to find she wasn't there.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
dude, that is horrible. i hope they find the jerk and even if not... yes, karma. what goes around comes around.

(i was braced for something worse. whew!)

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 30 2004, 07:58 AM)dude, that is horrible. i hope they find the jerk and even if not... yes, karma. what goes around comes around.

(i was braced for something worse. whew!)
Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya. At least his companion is home safe with him.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Jul 30 2004, 09:01 AM)Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya. At least his companion is home safe with him.
One more post Dookie and you hit 3000.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 30 2004, 08:05 AM)One more post Dookie and you hit 3000.

Ya i noticed that so i saved it for my thread about the Rain Date yard sale.
Ahhh the cheap little thrills life brings me

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
That's cruel, some people are total A$$H
LES

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Some people have no morals or Consentience (sp} ?What so ever, what a low life to do something like that to another person..

I remember a few years back some bone head was doing that, the moron left his telephone # on peoples anwsering maching he was trying to extort money from and got busted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts