Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am kind of late getting out this year. I heard a rumor that Brown's doesn't have water this year. Not the drinking kind.

Any truth to that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
They've always had signs in the bathrooms not to drink the water. A lot of houses/cottages on the islands in the flats don't have potable drinking water. Who drinks the water at Brown's, anyway?

--oops, just realized you're talking about water depth. It's always been "thin" getting into and out of the channel. The water depths should be close to what they were two years ago...

·
Registered
896 Posts
We went to Browns on Sunday. The channel going in is marked for the first time I can remember. We kicked up the bottom a little bit as we entered the channel from the Middle Channel. I raised the outdrive and didn't have any problems. Don't recall seeing anything very large in there though. I've got a 26' Baja. I draw 38" with the drive down. The docks, as usual, suck, but the beer was cold and the food good. It was a nice day, but the place was empty.

G

·
270 laser,

I have to agree with you. I would have to say that a good, couple hundred bucks worth of lumber would make the docks better. The owner is missing the point. If you have three docks closed in a weekend, how many boats do you think turn away? A few? A few hundred dollars? I love Browns. I hope it is always there, but when that bridge goes up on Harsens......I can see another bigger, better, boat accessible bar gowning up and totally kicking Brown's A$$!
You just wait!

Later,
Convincor

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Jun 3 2003, 08:39 PM)270 laser,

I have to agree with you. I would have to say that a good, couple hundred bucks worth of lumber would make the docks better. The owner is missing the point. If you have three docks closed in a weekend, how many boats do you think turn away? A few? A few hundred dollars? I love Browns. I hope it is always there, but when that bridge goes up on Harsens......I can see another bigger, better, boat accessible bar gowning up and totally kicking Brown's A$$!
You just wait!

Later,
Convincor
It is the new owner ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts