Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and North Star sailor club member told me that one of there members boats sunk. I guess a fitting broke and allowed water to come in. (boat was bubbled) It was a older sail boat around 35+ I beleive. The guy found the boat with the deck just under the water....lines tight. Bad day or good day I guess depending on how you liked the boat.

G

·
I think that fella with Mich Marine Salvage said that he is one who recovered that boat. Could be different, but he was definatly high on himself. Bragging on how much it cost the customer.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Feb 11 2003, 10:08 AM)I think that fella with Mich Marine Salvage said that he is one who recovered that boat. Could be different, but he was definatly high on himself. Bragging on how much it cost the customer.
he was bragging on how much money a misfortune cost a boater.....

wow, really makes you have alot of repsect for them doesn't it...

they screw us and laugh and rub it in,..." typically" not a good buisness practice

sorry to hear of the gentleman's misfortune, and wish there was another company
that could have helped him out

·
Registered
125 Posts
I used to sit across from a guy who did salvage part time. He seemed like a good guy and his point of view was that if people were nice and didn't get all worked up over the situation he was willing to negotiate and probably not charge up to what the law allows. If some guy was a jerk about it then he would drag it out and demand the full amount. He also commented that most pleasure boaters are very ignorant about what constitutes a salvage and their responsibities towards their boat. The moral was make sure you have insurance that covers salvage and be nice to the salvor no matter how much you think they are ripping you off. If the crap really does hit the fan you may also need one of them to rescue your boat.

G

·
I undestand your point, ryan. But this guy was really a jerk. Besides, he had a bad haircut, and really bad dandruff. Really bad.
Just thought I would let you know that.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Feb 12 2003, 01:42 PM)I undestand your point, ryan. But this guy was really a jerk. Besides, he had a bad haircut, and really bad dandruff. Really bad.
Just thought I would let you know that.
Did he look like this?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts