Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the site and really enjoy reading all the posts! Great info. I'll be camping with the kids next weekend and want to get out on Buhl Lake at the Addison Oaks campground. Anyone ever fish it? Any luck? Any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
i grew up fishing that lake to bad i caught all the fish out of it.
The small lake has small pike average size bass and alot of stunted gills but its a fun lake for the kids.The bigger lake has some decent size pike and bass but both lakes can get pretty weedy in the summer time. I think they still rent boats in the big lake eletric motors only if you fish in the back part of the lake theres a lot of stumps try casting spinner baits and top water. Another trik is to get a small blue gill and put that on a bobber for pike. That works in both lakes.. Good luck and tell me how you did.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jun 11 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i grew up fishing that lake to bad i caught all the fish out of it.
The small lake has small pike average size bass and alot of stunted gills but its a fun lake for the kids.The bigger lake has some decent size pike and bass but both lakes can get pretty weedy in the summer time. I think they still rent boats in the big lake eletric motors only if you fish in the back part of the lake theres a lot of stumps try casting spinner baits and top water. Another trik is to get a small blue gill and put that on a bobber for pike. That works in both lakes.. Good luck and tell me how you did.

Thanks for the info Doc! I'll be sure to report.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I forgot to say the beach is not the best of beaches it can be pretty nasty at times but i think its later in the year when the weeds start choking it out. and the trails are pretty nice tho if you bring the mt, bikes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(gradytom @ Jun 11 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Almost positive they still rent row boats, bring your own electric motor, give em a call.
http://www.oakgov.com/parksrec/ppark/addison.html

Never fished it but love the trails for bike riding, and have seen guys catching small bass
near the dam to the left of the launch.

have a great stay and report back
gt

Definitely bringing the electric motor - they do rent boats, I confirmed. plan on doing some biking as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jun 11 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot to say the beach is not the best of beaches it can be pretty nasty at times but i think its later in the year when the weeds start choking it out. and the trails are pretty nice tho if you bring the mt, bikes

hopefully not to nasty!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i fished Addison Oaks as a kid, (90's) pike and Bass we plentiful, but as others noted tho none of the fish i ever caught were super large. i think my biggest bass there was just under 4 lbs. i got alot of Bass and Pike on spinner baits. i now work for the county government and when i was there about a year ago, the lakes were dominated with Weeds still...nothing has changed there....

·
Registered
262 Posts
i fished Addison Oaks as a kid, (90's) pike and Bass we plentiful, but as others noted tho none of the fish i ever caught were super large. i think my biggest bass there was just under 4 lbs. i got alot of Bass and Pike on spinner baits. i now work for the county government and when i was there about a year ago, the lakes were dominated with Weeds still...nothing has changed there....
All I ever caught there in the past few years when I took my grand kids there were tiny bluegills, and yes, the weeds are covering the hole lake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts