Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any place that sells bulk tube hooks? I have always just bought them at Lakeside, Gander, Bass pro, etc…. This is pretty expensive and I haven't seen any deals for buying them in bulk. Does anyone know of a place locally or on the Internet that sells them bulk for a better deal? I would love to buy 100 or so at a time if I could save maybe .10 cents per hook. I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks, Marcus

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi ya Marcus. Have you considered buying a jig mold and making some yourself? It passes the time during those long winter months and after the initial investment of the smelting pot and jig mold it becomes very economical. Gas stations or tire dealers usually have left over lead from discarded tire weights and are happy to get rid of it. Junk yards are another option for aquiring lead. Otherwise the places you mentioned would be the best places to get them in bulk. Good luck in your endeavor.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Sorry Marcus. After rereading your post I realized you were talking about just hooks and not the jigs themselves.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Jans Netcraft is good and they are fast service like 2 days on most orders. Bob

·
Registered
166 Posts
Try www.laketownmfg.com and he just updated his website this weekend. Very nice hooks and for dragging you can't beat the 60 degree 4/0 EWG hook.

Ckev

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Bass Pro Shops in Auburn Hills has bulk (100 per package) hooks in Eagle Claw and Mustad. Get the Mustad UltraPoints in 4/0 or 5/0 for tubes. You wont have to worry about the point "rolling" over like you do with Gammies and Owners. Not only that, but they are about $15.00/100.

Mini

·
Registered
927 Posts
i listened when you said the all star tube rod is the best tube rod ( or something like that ) and i agree 100%. 7ft classic tube rod is the best in my opinion. i own 9 st croix rods, actually make that 8, lost one on the opener. anyway, 8 st croix rods and one all star. when i am on st clair or erie i use the all star 80% of the time. mini knows best.

btw, if you really want us to listen, start dropping a few waypoints in every post. that will get some attention.

madman himself

·
Registered
141 Posts
Huh? Now you got my attention, and I'm listening!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, great info. Mini I must have missed the 100 pack at BPS. I was probably trying to catch one of those monster bass in the aquarium when no one was looking. By the way, any idea what the biggest bass in there weighs? I've always wondered.

Marcus

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I had one in there that weighed 8.3 when she passed. (Darn catfish....ask me in person sometime). The biggest I have seen there was a 9 pound LM.

As far as right now, I dont know. Its been so long since I have been there.....lol

I have seen 18 pounders (in Dallas & Springfield). I took a picture of a 17 pounder next to a 4 pound smallie with my camera phone.....it is comical.

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
PS The bulk hooks are in the Great Lakes section, by the molds and lead. NOT in the standard fishing section. Just ask one of the folks that work there, they should be able to help.

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(madman24 @ Jun 21 2004, 04:31 PM)i listened when you said the all star tube rod is the best tube rod ( or something like that ) and i agree 100%. 7ft classic tube rod is the best in my opinion. i own 9 st croix rods, actually make that 8, lost one on the opener. anyway, 8 st croix rods and one all star. when i am on st clair or erie i use the all star 80% of the time. mini knows best.

btw, if you really want us to listen, start dropping a few waypoints in every post. that will get some attention.

madman himself

You should try the AST845MS, AST843MS or even the new TAS845STR. All the same action but with better graphite than the Classic Tube Rod Special.

Mini

·
Registered
927 Posts
just as soon as you hook me up with that discount you get big dawg

for now my rod purchasing abilities are limited to zebco, and im not talking quantum.

maphunzalo.

madman himself

·
Registered
6 Posts
Classic Tube Rod??? I am in the market for another rod and was looking to pick up a tube rod for St. Clair. What do they run and are they at BPS. I am not sure what model number they are when looking in the catalog.
Bassball

1 - 20 of 21 Posts