Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Eagle1 @ May 25 2003, 06:06 PM)what do you do for a burn not a sun burn...the other kind
Ice or hold under cold water.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
If you are referring to the type of burn that you get from touching a hot stove or something of that sort, it is the same as an intense sun burn. If you are blistering badly, call a doctor. Other than that, aloe, cool water(not cold) and asprin. Also try to stay hydrated. If there are any medical people, they might6 be better to answer more specifically.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Also, after some time you can put some neosporin on the burn. Only, after awhile thought otherwise it will "trap" in the heat. Also, depending on how big it is you may want to keep in wrapped or covered in gauze part of the time to keep it clean. Definitely take something for the pain.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Depends on what type of burn and how it occured.
If you got it from touching a hot pan or stove - it shouldn't
blister just look a little red, charred or discolored, run it under cold water. It shouldn't hurt too bad, just a bit of a sting. The sting feeling will go away in about 12 - 24 hours. Having a couple beers is actually a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i ended up at the emergency room....good thing too my one finger was reallt bad and i got pain killers
that helped!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
What in the heck did you do? Grille?....hot oil?....

Hope you're feeling better. Did it blister?

Make sure you put Vitamin E when it starts to scab. This will minimize scaring

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no worse than blister... a thired degree burn scorches the skin. down to the fatty tissue. Mine did all but scorch thr top layer so its still consitered a 2nd degree burn but i suppose it feels like a third. Thats what I was told

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Eagle1 @ May 25 2003, 05:06 PM)what do you do for a burn not a sun burn...the other kind
BLEND A MIXTURE OF MELTED BUTTER, TABASCO SAUCE, AND SALT, APPLY WITH A BRUSH.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ May 26 2003, 10:32 AM)What in the heck did you do? Grille?....hot oil?....

Hope you're feeling better. Did it blister?

Make sure you put Vitamin E when it starts to scab. This will minimize scaring
POTATO SKINS WILL ALSO HELP THE HEALING (FOR REAL)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts