Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
QUOTE(GaryDebs @ Aug 9 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Another LSC boat sold. Congrats and happy shopping

It seems like things are starting to turn around. Boats being sold, houses being sold! Are we seeing signs of a economic recovery? Although it seems many of the boat that I have been sold are going out of state or out of the country.
It worries me that soon there will be a shortage of quality used boat in Michigan.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely bittersweet. It feels a little strange not having a boat, especially yesterday when it was 95 and sunny.

We are already crunching some numbers on one we looked at Saturday. Its tough weighing the options of buying now, or waiting til Spring.

As far as recovery, I think this state is a long way off. Condos in our complex are currently worth about 1/2 what everyone owes. We are stuck.

·
Registered
22,942 Posts
QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Aug 10 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Definitely bittersweet. It feels a little strange not having a boat, especially yesterday when it was 95 and sunny.

We are already crunching some numbers on one we looked at Saturday. Its tough weighing the options of buying now, or waiting til Spring.

As far as recovery, I think this state is a long way off. Condos in our complex are currently worth about 1/2 what everyone owes. We are stuck.
That right there is a classic boating decision. It probably makes more financial sense to avoid winterizing and storage costs, and wait. However, boating makes no financial sense whatsoever, so stop trying to decide logically!

Good luck in your search! What are you considering (I know you mentioned already, but I can't recall)?

·
Registered
22,942 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Aug 10 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 10 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>However, boating makes no financial sense whatsoever, so stop trying to decide logically!
I just found a new quote for my posts !!!

QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Aug 10 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We looked at a 96' Regal 322 Commodore. Just have to figure out if we can afford it now.
Hope you find AND figure out how to get what you want.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While I was sad to see it go, I must admit a little part of me was happy not to have to deal with all of the work and expense that goes with putting a boat away this year. However we found a boat that is everything we have wanted, and at a good price. So we are just in the process of crunching some numbers.

Plus one would expect that prices will be higher in the spring due to demand. Like Away Point said, none of it makes financial sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.