Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, lots of new folks to the site lately!!!!

Welcome aboard.

When you have a general question about where a location is (ie the Raft, Cotton road, Gino's, etc) take a look at the "sticky" from Top Gun posted above called "how about we mark some spots for access". There is a google map link in that thread that will tell you everything you need to know about how to get to a location on Lake St Clair.

Also - general questions about how to fish, what kind of gear, what kind of shanty, etc have pretty much been covered every season and if you use the search function, you can get tons of information that may answer your question if you look through some previous threads.

If you still have a question, by all means fire away!

Best of luck this season and again, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Jan 3 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow, lots of new folks to the site lately!!!!

Welcome aboard.

When you have a general question about where a location is (ie the Raft, Cotton road, Gino's, etc) take a look at the "sticky" from Top Gun posted above called "how about we mark some spots for access". There is a google map link in that thread that will tell you everything you need to know about how to get to a location on Lake St Clair.

Also - general questions about how to fish, what kind of gear, what kind of shanty, etc have pretty much been covered every season and if you use the search function, you can get tons of information that may answer your question if you look through some previous threads.

If you still have a question, by all means fire away!

Best of luck this season and again, welcome to the site.

Will Do!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Welcome aboard BiologistChadHutchy. And very well put little guy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ya know, I'm not as experienced on this site as some but I enjoy all of the newbie questions. A year ago, I was that newbie asking questions and there are an awful lot of guys on this site that offered up all kinds of tips, tricks, techniques, and so on. I look for those questions and try to impart what small amount of knowledge I have. So, not to start an argument, but I say ask away. If the ole timers don't want to see them they can just not click on them.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE(Cleetus94 @ Jan 4 2010, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ya know, I'm not as experienced on this site as some but I enjoy all of the newbie questions. A year ago, I was that newbie asking questions and there are an awful lot of guys on this site that offered up all kinds of tips, tricks, techniques, and so on. I look for those questions and try to impart what small amount of knowledge I have. So, not to start an argument, but I say ask away. If the ole timers don't want to see them they can just not click on them.

Just my $.02
Agreed ask away i do!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
well put little guy.

and for the newbs (and semi newbs) the search function is a valuable tool that will help you out by answering your question before you even ask it. it is considered to be "rude" to post a question without searching for the answer first. if you dont find the answer, by all means ask it. ifyou dont know how to use the search function, ASK THAT!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I did both i would try to search for something and if i wanted more info I would ask so i could talk to the person. Little guy was being nice when he posted this to help everyone out with more info. He helped me with eye's more than once.

Remember when some one helps you give a report and help others. But if they pm you a location don't share it unless they say its ok. Some times pm's will get you more info also.

ask away and welcome to the site

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello. I am one of the new bees. and hope i ask all the right smart questions. but some times they fall short. there is allot of info on the web. kinda sucks after reading some other sites and then figure out it was posted in 2006 . nice to have some one to ask in the present time . please dont slap us new guys around too much. you know you like being big brother. thanks for allll

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(valueperch @ Jan 4 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hello. I am one of the new bees. and hope i ask all the right smart questions. but some times they fall short. there is allot of info on the web. kinda sucks after reading some other sites and then figure out it was posted in 2006 . nice to have some one to ask in the present time . please dont slap us new guys around too much. you know you like being big brother. thanks for allll
Don't worry no one has any questions that are dumb questions. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked. I was a newbie last year around this time and have since figured out using the search feature like little guy said is invaluable. Especially if you want the answer right now instead of waiting for peeps to answer it. If you want a more up to date answer then by all means fire away. We want everyone to enjoy this site and for it to be fun for all involved. Also we don't slap we kick in the hindquarter. LOL

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The only "dumb question" is the one you don't ask. But no matter how you look at it, new to the site or one of the founders, answering where is " harrley, or ginos or selfridge or the spillway does get old. Especially when the same question has been asked 4 times on the last 3 pages. There is a difference between COMMON SENSE and laziness for lack of a better word.
We're only to get people to use the whole sight, not trying to offend anyone. Like lil guy and others have said use the sticky at the top of the page or the search function, then ask your question if you still need help, we'd all be glad to pitch in .

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Jan 4 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only "dumb question" is the one you don't ask. But no matter how you look at it, new to the site or one of the founders, answering where is " harrley, or ginos or selfridge or the spillway does get old. Especially when the same question has been asked 4 times on the last 3 pages. There is a difference between COMMON SENSE and laziness for lack of a better word.
We're only to get people to use the whole sight, not trying to offend anyone. Like lil guy and others have said use the sticky at the top of the page or the search function, then ask your question if you still need help, we'd all be glad to pitch in .

newbie's will never be able to read your post i had a hard time my self

"remember not to stare at larry's avatar or you may find yourself in a hard position''

·
Registered
6 Posts
newbie's will never be able to read your post i had a hard time my self

"remember not to stare at larry's avatar or you may find yourself in a hard position''
[/quote]

I want to fish with larry. are they fake or real ... oh wait i will go check the past blogs first becuz i know you guys probably raged on him about that already . remember research before you ASK . I'm learning already

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(valueperch @ Jan 4 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I want to fish with larry. are they fake or real ... oh wait i will go check the past blogs first becuz i know you guys probably raged on him about that already . remember research before you ASK . I'm learning already

Larry's ladies are very addicting, but remember around new years eve Larry is not to be trusted.LOL

Here is why:

http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=75126

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Don't you newbies let bowtie warp your opinions. His boat has dust on it, so he thinks he needs a new one, again. LOL

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Jan 4 2010, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't you newbies let bowtie warp your opinions. His boat has dust on it, so he thinks he needs a new one, again. LOL
It is getting time to start painting and putting the carpet down. Spring is just around the corner. But this boat won't be leaving me until I can't manage to take care of it anymore. Unless of course I get a great deal on a bigger one. LOL but It has to have a complete kitchen and sleeping quarters cause if I bring home another boat my fiance told me it had better be a big one so I can fit all my stuff on it. LOL But I don't think she was kidding.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts