Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for some campgrounds to go to this summer that are tent friendly, not all rv's. I would like some that are on a small lake with boat rental and have decent accomadations ie; showers, electric on site, clean bathrooms. Anybody have any recomendations or warnings? Also, anybody know of any of these little towns that have festivals and such in the summer? Just looking for some fun places to go with the old lady this summer

·
Registered
528 Posts
www.Kalkaskacampground.com

No on site lake or fishing, but accomodations are fantastic and you are only a few miles in any direction to several bodies of water with boat rentals all over. Nice showers, electric available, inexpensive cabins, tent friendly. I would recommend fishing Skegemog or Clam lake. There are boat rentals on Clam. Take your fly rod in early spring and late fall for the rapid, torch, and manistee rivers. Most of the camp grounds I used to know of with small lakes have all been taken over by developers

EDIT: Forgot one more thing...festivals...Go in July and visit Traverse City for the Cherry Festival.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Higgins lake bro. All day. Middle of it all, AWESOME beaches and campground facilities, they even have a camp store. State rates so it's pretty inexpensive, but you gotta book 6 months in advance. Houghton is 15 minutes away for good walleye fishing. And the chain o lakes mentioned by nitro are with an hour.

If you can get on any of those lakes, you are in for a great time.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well, I do have a boat equipped for most of those lakes, and my fiance and I love to camp...we will be making several camping trips this summer, including up to Torch Lake and even one down to WV for white water rafting. It is only one boat though and good for 3 people to fish off of, maybe 4, but thats getting crowded for fishing.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Scott, look into Old Orchard Campground on the shores of the Au Sable, on Foote dam pond, nice campground. Great fishing on the river itself right there, plus fishing below the dam is only a couple miles away. There's the pier at the mouth of the river for salmon and steelhead, great channel cat fishing there at night too. Van Ettan lk. is right by there too. A LSCN campout sounds like a great idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts