Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Can I ask what is probably a dumb question?

948 views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Big Dog 
#1 ·
I see mention of fishing with a tube, and I don't know what that means.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
It is when you are on your boat and after you catch the fish you sit it on your tv set. Other wise known as the boob tube. J/K it is what laura said a plastic tube lure.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
The body is hollow, and the jig is inserted eye end first inside the "tube" until it pokes through the closed end. Tie it direct to the line and cast it. You can let one drag or bounce along the bottom or work it by twitching the rod tip or reeling slowly.
They are made to look like a crayfish, one on a bass's favorite things to eat. In nature, when threatened a crayfish will swim backward and wave it pinchers, the tube simulates that action.

#7 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The body is hollow, and the jig is inserted eye end first inside the "tube" until it pokes through the closed end. Tie it direct to the line and cast it. You can let one drag ona bounce along the bottom or work it by twitching the rod tip or reeling slowly.
They are made to look like a crayfish, one on a bass's favorite things to eat. In nature, when threatened a crayfish will swim backward and wave it pinchers, the tube simulates that action.
Thanks Laura!

You wanna know why I haven't gotten into fishing? It's because I'm afraid of adding another mountain of stuff on the boat. I can barely keep up with all the stuff I have now!

#8 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 19 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The body is hollow, and the jig is inserted eye end first inside the "tube" until it pokes through the closed end. Tie it direct to the line and cast it. You can let one drag ona bounce along the bottom or work it by twitching the rod tip or reeling slowly.
Thanks Laura!

You wanna know why I haven't gotten into fishing? It's because I'm afraid of adding another mountain of stuff on the boat. I can barely keep up with all the stuff I have now!

Don't worry about overloading the new boat, just get a nice bass boat to go with it. I'll take you shopping and we'll get it "stocked up"

#9 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 19 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The body is hollow, and the jig is inserted eye end first inside the "tube" until it pokes through the closed end. Tie it direct to the line and cast it. You can let one drag ona bounce along the bottom or work it by twitching the rod tip or reeling slowly.
Thanks Laura!

Don't worry about overloading the new boat, just get a nice bass boat to go with it. I'll take you shopping and we'll get it "stocked up"

See what I mean? A whole other boat is where that path leads!

I'd be out there one day and say "Remember that day I asked what a tube was?"

#10 ·
That's only the beginning Rob. After you accumalate all the equipment then you start planning trips, watching weather and conditions, moon phases, water temps, and then start trying to think like a fish. Be careful it can be an addicting sport

#13 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 19 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You wanna know why I haven't gotten into fishing? It's because I'm afraid of adding another mountain of stuff on the boat. I can barely keep up with all the stuff I have now!

you need another boat...every good man owns 2 (or more ) boats.

#14 ·
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 19 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 19 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You wanna know why I haven't gotten into fishing? It's because I'm afraid of adding another mountain of stuff on the boat. I can barely keep up with all the stuff I have now!

you need another boat...every good woman owns 2 (or more ) boats.

There fixed that for ya

#15 ·
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 19 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 19 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You wanna know why I haven't gotten into fishing? It's because I'm afraid of adding another mountain of stuff on the boat. I can barely keep up with all the stuff I have now!

you need another boat...every good man owns 2 (or more ) boats.

You don't need another boat. I fish of my cruiser often. You don't even need a lot of tackle. Just a rod, reel, some tubes, and lead jig hooks. Don't forget the license. It was this site two years ago that tipped me off to tube fishing. Shut off the motor, toss the tube in the water, and drift. There are smallmouth bass pretty much all over LSC. Even my wife got into it.

Attachments

#16 ·
I hear ya guys (and Big Dog
). At some point I may well get geared up!

Another question...

Last week I anchored on the river. When I got back, I noticed there was a hook, line, and sinkers hanging from my anchor (seriously!). Does that mean I need a fishing license?

Come to think if it, I guess maybe someone caught me! But, I did make it back to shore, so I guess I put up a good fight!

#17 ·
Sounds like you did put up a good fight
I bet the other guy was wondering what he had on the line. One of the guys was fishing with 80 pound braid and had it snapped, it must have been you.

If you're up for a demo on the water give me a shout on the radio or call my cell.

#19 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like you did put up a good fight
I bet the other guy was wondering what he had on the line. One of the guys was fishing with 80 pound braid and had it snapped, it must have been you.

If you're up for a demo on the water give me a shout on the radio or call my cell.
Pretty sure I can overcome 80 lbs test!

Thanks for the offer. One of these days...

#20 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 19 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I hear ya guys (and Big Dog
). At some point I may well get geared up!

Another question...

Last week I anchored on the river. When I got back, I noticed there was a hook, line, and sinkers hanging from my anchor (seriously!). Does that mean I need a fishing license?

Come to think if it, I guess maybe someone caught me! But, I did make it back to shore, so I guess I put up a good fight!

"All geared up" I belived who ever made that statement is pulling your leg. Half the lure manufactures would be out of buniess if it were true. I have not met a fisherman that had enough gear.

Letsfish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.