Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a business trip for my new job in Wisconsin and I can NOT sleep at night. This makes no sense because they're on Central time and an hour behind us. I just can't fall asleep, in fact I'm not drowsy at all. I am staying in a nice area at a pretty nice hotel, and it's quiet. I wish there was a bar downstairs so I could go down there and sit, but it's down the road. I don't want to drive around anyway, especially since we're supposed to get 6-8" snow tonight. Uh. I didn't bring any snowear with me either. I tried to pack light for the trip. Oh well. I hope I don't freeze tomorrow.

Can anyone give me any advice!??? On sleeping at night that is.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
mary!!!!!!! i feel for you and yes, i can't sleep in a strange place unless i'm pretty drunk or there is some sort of white noise. i need to be knocked out. i wish the hotel bar was open for you!

i gotta say, i hope i get to move onto your street soon! spring? enjoy wisconsin, and bring us back some cheese! heee heee!

miss you!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CK, I'll see what I can do about the Cheese. I only passed one place on the 2 lane road I was on to get to my hotel. I was kinda surprised.

I'll be back on Thursday so I will see you on the BRB Sunday for MrsSumBum!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'm getting tired now finally. It's after midnight here in WI, so time to crash so I can get up and do it all over again tomorrow.

Yeah, Mike you should've put me to work

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I travel a bit for work, and usually find the first night out in an hotel really hard to get to sleep. I usually end up falling asleep with the TV and lights on ...

I naturally get drowsy when reading, so I climb into bed with either a good book, or a bunch of paperwork and that usually gets my there.

Scott.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
hey cheese head, hope the job is going well

the secret to sleeping at night while out for business is to get a few drinks in ya before you try to sleep. when i was down in fort mill, south carolina for work a few months back i couldn't sleep for crap; so i hit the bars!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I travel about a week a month for work... I had the exact same problem, especially because I usually stay at hotels by the airport.... Regardless of what time I get in, I always work out. And also make sure you get a wake up call. I never trust the alarm clocks at hotels for some strange reason, and used to always worry that I would over-sleep.
It's a science to be able to get good sleep on the road, work out, hot shower, two beers...

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Eagle1 @ Dec 10 2003, 07:33 AM)good morning miss laptop. Cant sleep.... its cause you miss the dog, (not Bill). JK
have a Safe trip home!

I have a hard time sleeping in strange places. Tylenol PM usually does the trick (if alcohol isn't an option)

Congrats, Miss Laptop!!
(Vickie that cracks me up!)

Have a safe trip home, see you Sunday!!Woooohooooo

·
Registered
226 Posts
Waxonwaxoff has hit it on the head perfectly. That's precisely my formula for getting sleep out there. If there's no bar in the hotel, pick up a bottle of good scotch on the way in.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I usually sleep great in Hotels on the road. I usually get 8-9 hours of sleep since nothing better to do. compared to less than 6 on average when I'm at home because there is too much to do at night.

..and I don't have 2 dogs on the bed to fight for bed space with.

and I usually am working for 12-15 hours a day when on the road so am usually tired anyways.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
A couple shots of Nyqill....Whether I`m sick or not.......That`s my secret....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thans for the suggestions everyone! I tried having a few drinks both night and so far hasn't worked. Today I'm very tired. I think I won't have a problem tonight! I did end up reading and finally fell asleep. I think you're right about working out, perhaps that would do it...

Eagle1 and MrsS - can't wait to see you guys on Sunday and tell you all about it. I'll be in Grand Rapids next week, but styaing with Mom so no problem like this one!

Take care all & THANKS

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Reading a book always gets me drowsy at night and I ALWAYS have a fan with me to block out any noise...

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I usually can fall alseep anywhere, but lately I have been so stressed out. I can hardly sleep at all. It's making it very tough for me.

Just my .02

·
Registered
666 Posts
As long as the bed is good I can sleep, to the point where I have even oversleep and missed a flight or two. I usually leave the tv on watching a movie. I have also been known to sleep through a fire alarm so a little noise from the tv is no problem for me. About the only time that I find it hard to sleep is when I hit the pool or sauna just before. For some reason that perks me up.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
It's at home I can't sleep <_< One the road I sleep like a baby. Probably from all the traveling I did as a kid, I got used to it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts