Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you go about getting a Canadian fishing license? I thought I heard several years back of someplace here (se michigan) here you could get one during certain times without having to go acroos the border. Or do I need to go a sporting goods store in Windsor? I have never gotten one before so this is all new to me.

What papers do you need? What are the costs? and what are the age limits (if any) to have to have one?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Come to Windsor and head south of the bridge along the waterfront for about 1/2 mile to the first light. Wally's Baits is at the first light. They are the #1 license seller in Ontario. Anglers under 18 or over 65 do not need one. However, if anglers under 18 want to keep fish, the fish they keep will have to apply against the limit of an adult they are with. Or they can buy a license and keep their own limit. The cost in US dollars varies with the exchange rate. Right now a 1 day license (which is only valid on the Great Lakes and connecting waterways) is about $12 US and a seasonal full license is about $48 US. Or you can pay in Canadian dollars, which is cheaper if you exchange your own money. They won't take credit cards. You don't need to show ID but you will need 2 pieces of ID to cross the bridge such as a passport, or driver's license and birth certificate......DRP

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Jim, Check with Lakeside, 586-777-7003 (Capt'n Dan Chimelak). They will run and get licenses at certain time of year. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Both Professional Fishing (Capt Steve Jones) and Lakesde Tackle (Capt Dan Chimelak) sell them. Go there on a Tuesday and purchase, then come back on Friday and pick it up.

Mini

·
Registered
262 Posts
I believe Lakeside has an option to purchased through their website as well. Very nice if you can't get over to the store. They will even mail it to your home for a couple extra bucks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got mine from Lakeside, you can even order it from them online and have it mailed to your house..... I think they get them about once a week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts