Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if we can order our Canadian fishing license on line or not and, if so, what is the site? I plan on ordering my Michigan license this week and would like to take care of them both if possible. Thanks in advance,

OMOTS

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mini,

I knew about Lakeside's service, I was just wondering if it could be done on line.

Jim

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I get mine at Lakeside as well. Bring an self-addressed stamped envelope with you and they will mail it back once it is signed and stamped. Saves you from making 2 trips if your far away. Of course now that I say that they'll probably put a stop to it..

I don't think they have the internet in Canada yet do they?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I Pick a nice day and make the drive over the bridge. Exchange some money as well then during the season when you "stop in" you will have the correct money on you to pay.

Just as easy, and pays for itself in the long run.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I found this site and thought I would pass it on to others that might have the same Question.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/fishing/oc.html

I appears that you can get it through the mail if you want. I think I may go that route seeing as how I won't be needing it for about three weeks anyway and that is probably being optimistic. I think it may be a little less expensive than the Lakeside service too not to mention the gas saved.

Jim

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
This is an item that I continue to buy form Lakeside. I make the annual trip there twice in a week to get all of them. I usually end up with a couple of baits too, I know its not much, but I like to support the Moms and Pops even though I am sponsored by BPS.

Mini

·
Registered
666 Posts
Believe me, I buy a bunch of stuff from them as well. They open early and are close by. Used to live nearto the other store on Grand River.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I do too Boatnfish. Whenever I come over to the lake I figure that I can get tackle or live bait or whatever that is best for Lake St. Clair fishing if I get it locally there. The problem with the license is that I have to have it ahead of time and I don't get over that way often durring the winter. I would rather not make a special trip from Rochester if I can prevent it.

Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
"I don't think they have the internet in Canada yet do they? " OUCH!!! That hurts.

Really it's only the Canadian government that hasn't got the internet, or at least figured out that if you make it easy, they will come. They should check out how easy it is for us to fish the Michigan side and wake up. I can decide to check out US waters the night before I go and still get a license on line and print it out, that's great. Last year the night before the Canadian Open we had ams lined up outside the motel room to buy licenses on line for the next day, what a novel concept to make things easy.
Still can't buy a canadian license on line but I do think you can do it by mail, too bad you guys have to start thinking about it so early. Then you still need to think about Walpole permits.
Just found out we'll have a display for the Canadian Open Pro/Am Bass Tournament at the Spring Classic at BPS this weekend. You can abuse us Canadians again then if you like but remember, we'll always have Tim Hortons.
Brad

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
and the Windsor Ballet!!!...LOL

·
Registered
666 Posts
That is the system. The need for a license requires the visit, then while there you might as well spend a little time. If you plan things correctly, you get two or three trips out of the deal.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
BradW - just wanted to see if I could rattle a few of your (Canadiens) chains!!

I'm with Mini, even though Lakeside is a hike for me, I like to stop in just see what's up and support the local retailers. Especially ones that have good service.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love it Alex. The only thing I can take offense to is the spelling of Canadians, your way makes us all a really bad hockey team from Montreal.

You guys make it easy to be a proud Canadian.

Where else can you get more for less.

Ballet = more clothes on the floor.
Beer = more alcohol in the bottle.

What more could you ask for. Now I just need to get more of you guys to fish the Open. Think of all the fun you can have at 40% on the dollar.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Yeah I debated weather to spell it with an 'a' or 'e'. I love Canada, I even rep 3 CanadiAn companies. Heck it's my second favorite State.

I may be in for the Open. The only question is what I would do with all those Loonies after I win???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lotsa Loonies = Beer + Ballet and I'm surprised you didn't say you couldn't decide whether to spell it 'a' or 'eh?'

1 - 20 of 31 Posts