Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,greetings to all of you from tropical Nova Scotia,Canada
I wish!!

I have a question for anyone who has fished the Canadian Open in the past.
How many of the boats head for Erie during the tournament?The reason I ask is I am coming to fish the Canadian Open as an Am,and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to get my Ohio fishing license.I'm leaning towards getting it as I would hate to hinder a pro I get paired up with who would like to fish the US side of Erie.I have been hearing that the run from Windsor to Erie can get quite bumpy with traffic on it,and some pros don't even bother.Is what I have been hearing true?
Thanks in advance,and I am really excited about finally getting the chance to fish for them world class smallies,and looking to muckle into one of them toothy Muskies to

Ken

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I would suggest to anyone fishing on the am or co-angler side in Canadian Open, Everstart, BFL, etc on St. Clair, Detroit River, or Erie have the following 4 licenses:

Michigan
Ontario
Wapole Indian Res
Ohio

I would say the Ohio is least likely to be used. Most who make the run to Erie will be fishing Ontario waters. But you just never know. I'm sure there will be anglers fishing in all 4 of the above areas. Good luck.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Alex is right about the licenses

And as for the rough ride....well all I can say is buy a good back belt! The river can be one of the worst places you'd want to be in a low profile bass boat. The morning run should be ok as long as the wind isn't kicking up, but the ride back will be one you won't soon forget.

If I remember right that tournament is going to be on the 4th of July week end and traffic may be more then even I've seen! And if that's the case you wont find any calm water after 10 am

1 - 3 of 3 Posts