Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any updates? I'm like a little kid, I can never wait till the post the results.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Getting this second hand,but from good source.
Day one.
Realt and Clapper 1 -2, both with over 21lbs.

Day Two

Same guys leading...Realt with roughly 1+ lb lead.

Sounds like weights after them dropped some. That's all I think I know.....or should I say what I got second hand.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a classic Clair vs Erie showdown

·
Registered
47 Posts
Let me be the first one here to congratulate Dave Reault on his win at the Canadian Open this weekend by I think about 7 or 8 pounds over the rest of the field. Steve Clapper was second, Mike Blair was third and I think Charlie Hartley was 4th. Once again, congratulations Dave and it was nice seeing you back in Canada again.

Brad

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
He caught em' by flippin' wood in the Puce River.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
4 out of 5 were won on St.Clair.....Charlie Hartley was the only winner from Erie....

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE(DRP @ Jul 5 2004, 03:48 PM)4 out of 5 were won on St.Clair.....Charlie Hartley was the only winner from Erie....
You mean Clapper didn't go to Erie? Unless there was a Tsunami....I'll bet he spent at least two days there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE(DRP @ Jul 6 2004, 06:30 AM)Clapper has never won it.....
Sorry, misunderstood. I thought you meant 4 of the top 5 "winners" of this tournament.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Way to go!!! Dave Reault. It was great to see you win. Winning by 8lbs is something to be proud of. It was great meeting you all there and it was a fun event for me to MC. I hope you all had a great time and I will see you next year.
Regards,
Dave Mercer
www.factsoffishing.com

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice job Dave

Any one have a link to the results?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I didn't see any Open results on the Canadian Fishing Tour site.

I also checked the Canadian Open site and didn't see the results yet (http://www.bassprointernational.com/).

Hey, I thought Clapper won last year or the year before?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Hoov for posting those links. Sorry Dan, thought I emailed you the results but looking at my sent items, I didn't. Had started to post them on your site but they got all scrunched together, then must have forgot to send the file. Clapper has not won the Open yet that I can remember, although he has been in the top 5 of all the events on StClair. Only one angler fished Erie on day 3 due to wind, and that was Mark Duerr, everyone else either turned around and came back to Clair or tried to get fish in the river or at the mouth of it. Past winners that come to mind are Simon Frost (Lake StCLair), Dave McDonald (LSC), Charlie Hartley (Erie), Al Patton (LSC) and now Dave Reault (?). Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Brad Walters

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It must have been something out of the Perfect Storm to turn Clapper back. That guy is made of titanium leather! I guess when someone almost wins that many times, you just have to figure he got one of them...

Knowing Dave, he probably caught his fish all over the place, unless one of his secret 'junk' spots really turned on... which he does have a knack for. He's shy though so he probably won't post any exciting tales from his victory...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hey, who is that Brad Walters guy taking lucky 13???

I noticed a lot of peoples fish counts look... well... fishy?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dan, It paid back my entry fee plus a bit so I was pretty happy. Nice to be on the other side of things again and back on the water. Too many years spent behind the computer instead of the steering wheel, it was a real fun week.
Brad

1 - 19 of 19 Posts