Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone fished the canadian open in the past? i am signed up for this year and want to know what to expect. i talked to a few guys who said it was a joke and a few others that said it was a great tournament. i am fishing as a co-angler. either way i think it will be a great experience and definatley an opportunity to learn from some great anglers.

madman himslef

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I fished it twice 2 and 3 years ago. It was fun. I love the format. You should enjoy it. The major difference since I fished it is completely new owners.

I'm always committed to fishing the whole Michigan BFL circuit and they've had a conflict last year and this year so I won't be in the Open again this year.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Madman24,

The Canadian Open is a blast! The new owner has been doing a great job so far from what I can tell. The TV show is planned to be on OLN in March and on another (Canadian) station also. Details should be forthcoming.
I got a treat at the Ford Field show last week. I was walking by the CFT booth and saw myself on TV catching a few smallies in the Open last year. They were previewing a promo tape. Can't wait till the full three days of coverage. The quality of the production was top notch.

I will definitely fish the Open again this year.
(Sorry Dan, the BFL will have to wait)

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys. i am officially geeked! wont mother be so proud when she sees her boy on tv

madman himself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts