Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a piece of property in Chesterfield and am in the process of building. I also have a canal lot aside from the waterfront. Had my canal lot surveyed today (not cheap) to discover the neighbor that lives on the canal side has his paver patio 2ft over onto my property. I am clear on this part and will give him the opportunity to remove the pavers and the jet ski lift before I do it myself.

The question is our canal lots are 60ft. He bought the canal house that only has 30ft of seawall because the lakefront home next to me owns the other 30 as part of the deed. That being said his boat is too big for his seawall space not to mention the jetski he has in front of it totaling about 6 feet over my "littoral" property line (i.e my canal frontage). I cannot find the documentation on the boat dockage setbacks, zoning, or governing body details regarding this. Gonna check with the township tomorrow to get more direction but was hoping someone has run into this and knows the info or where to get the proper authority.

Ill clear up the most common suggestion in advance - No I cannot / will not "speak" to him as there was already a problem of him abusing my canal property to park his and friends cars on my lot after repeatedly telling him not to as well as the unbelievable condition around the house and blight. This is a simple property line establishment issue that I solved with the survey and have the remaining canal question.

Thanks in advance
C

·
12,052 Posts
so where did you end up with this??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts