Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I drove to Canada and paid $51 US. If they want $59 then they are just hitting you with an $8 dollar service charge.

I think that's fair.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A conservation license is cheaper but you aren't allowed as many keepers. Only 2 walleye or 25 perch. But from your nickname, it looks like you might be going after ski's, in which case you wouldn't be allowed any keepers.

And it might be cheaper to call the MNR directly. But they take a little bit longer to get to you...a buddy called 2 1/2 weeks ago and is still waiting for his to come in the mail.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I walked on the vehicle ferry in Marine City and filled out the form on the way to Canada and without leaving the ferry paid the attendant $50 U.S. and returned to Marine City with license. (no charge for ferry ride)

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I believe you can get a conservation license for about $15 cheaper. Only catch is you can not keep full limits. For bass it's 3, don't know about walleyes and what not. Of course it does not work if you are going to be fishing a BFL or other tournie.

But if you only plan C&R or keeping a small number it's a good option.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He has forms you fill out and they send someone to canada
a couple tiems a week.
I'm almost positive he said if I had it in by wednesday I'd
have the lic by friday?
He had the consevation lic for $39.....being a musky fisherman thats the way I will go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think I paid $35 for the conservation license through the mail so they're not charging an unreasonable amount. And, you'll get it a whole lot faster!

Good luck on the Canadian ski's. I hope to be trolling the South shore myself next Saturday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understood from the counter person at Lakeside that you can't fish for Musky with a conservation license so I bought the regular one. I have not verified that information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am wrong about the Conservation license. This is from their web site.
The holder of a Resident Conservation Fishing Licence Tag must quickly and carefully live release all fish of the following species:

muskellunge;
Atlantic salmon;
sturgeon; and,
aurora trout.

I assume that would apply to non residents too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts