Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way to go "Jamaican Me Crazy"

A boat capsized between Strawberry and Metro yesterday (Sunday) around 5:00 pm. Fellow boater pulled everyone out. Everyone also had life jackets on.

Audio is on the scanner page.

Matt

·
Registered
996 Posts
Great job!! It's nice to hear the good with the bad. Glad to hear everyone was okay too.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Trixie923 @ Jun 29 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job!! It's nice to hear the good with the bad. Glad to hear everyone was okay too.
Ditto!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
There was one that was capsized just out side of beacon Cove yesterday around 2PM. The Sheriff was on scene.

There was also some goof nut fisherman that came right up to the entrance of Beacon Cove, shut his engine down and proceeded to put in his trolling motor. He was almost in between the pylons and was sitting completely side ways. It made it real difficult to maneuver around him. Oh well, I guess some people just do not get it.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Jun 29 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was one that was capsized just out side of beacon Cove yesterday around 2PM. The Sheriff was on scene.
There was also some goof nut fisherman that came right up to the entrance of Beacon Cove, shut his engine down and proceeded to put in his trolling motor. He was almost in between the pylons and was sitting completely side ways. It made it real difficult to maneuver around him. Oh well, I guess some people just do not get it.

Sounds like fellow fishermen plucked him from the water~it's in their forum and the Macomb briefs today.

Kudo's for the rescues.....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I was listening to the scanner late afternoon & heard the boat that picked up the people in the water talking on the radio. At the same time there was a collision between 2 boats on Black Creek & my neighbor, that is on St Clair County Dive Team, took off towards Algonac with his siren blaring. Never heard anything on the scanner from Algonac way. Also heard alot of conversation about the waves out there. Busy day!

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was listening to the scanner late afternoon & heard the boat that picked up the people in the water talking on the radio. At the same time there was a collision between 2 boats on Black Creek & my neighbor, that is on St Clair County Dive Team, took off towards Algonac with his siren blaring. Never heard anything on the scanner from Algonac way. Also heard alot of conversation about the waves out there. Busy day!

They found the boat that hit the other boat on the Black Creek. It only took them a few minutes.

Matt

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Jun 29 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Way to go "Jamaican Me Crazy"

A boat capsized between Strawberry and Metro yesterday (Sunday) around 5:00 pm. Fellow boater pulled everyone out. Everyone also had life jackets on.

Matt

Was rafted with a boat with that name in Put-n-Bay,they were from this area and i believe were friends of Leslie aka county mounty.Wonder if it is the same boat.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(KennyG @ Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tcg @ Jun 29 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Way to go "Jamaican Me Crazy"

Matt

Was rafted with a boat with that name in Put-n-Bay,they were from this area and i believe were friends of Leslie aka county mounty.Wonder if it is the same boat.

Linda has a 33 Sea Ray, Express, with that name. She's in the Power Squadron, may have been her

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jun 29 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(KennyG @ Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tcg @ Jun 29 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Way to go "Jamaican Me Crazy"

Matt

Linda has a 33 Sea Ray, Express, with that name. She's in the Power Squadron, may have been her

It was a 33' Sea Ray.

Matt

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
When we came back into the ramp yesterday there were two tow boats with a capsized boat. They were trying to upright it as we hauled out. They got it upright and it looked like about an 18' open bow bayliner with an outboard. Hard to tell for sure what with it being full of water up to the gunwales, but by what I could see of the color scheme I'm thinking '80's bayliner. That was right at Harley, I have no idea if it happened at the ramp or out on the lake. It was a rough one out there though, a small bowrider like that would quickly get swamped without a skilled captain at the helm in those conditions.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(sleeper @ Jun 29 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When we came back into the ramp yesterday there were two tow boats with a capsized boat. They were trying to upright it as we hauled out. They got it upright and it looked like about an 18' open bow bayliner with an outboard. Hard to tell for sure what with it being full of water up to the gunwales, but by what I could see of the color scheme I'm thinking '80's bayliner. That was right at Harley, I have no idea if it happened at the ramp or out on the lake. It was a rough one out there though, a small bowrider like that would quickly get swamped without a skilled captain at the helm in those conditions.

I caught the pics of this from a friend that saw it first hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
QUOTE(lac-lite @ Jun 29 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The good samaritans were Linda Chuck and Chaz Lumpkin on Jamican Me Krazy!

Yup. It was Linda.
Pretty nasty out there yesterday at Strawberry. Glad everybody made it home safe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Way to go cousin Linda, Chuck and Chaz! I bet Papa Ted is beaming with pride. All those years on the water paying off. See you out there, Kenny De.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Captain Matt @ Jun 29 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(lac-lite @ Jun 29 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The good samaritans were Linda Chuck and Chaz Lumpkin on Jamican Me Krazy!

Yup. It was Linda.
Pretty nasty out there yesterday at Strawberry. Glad everybody made it home safe.

Great job, think it was her on the radio being calm but afirming the problem

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Jun 29 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Way to go "Jamaican Me Crazy"

Matt

QUOTE(KennyG @ Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tcg @ Jun 29 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Way to go "Jamaican Me Crazy"

Matt

It's the same boat as PIB. Give them a round of applause next time you see them out there.
Gonna be at metro this weekend most likely.
Here is a pic of the "good smaritan" aka Jamaican Me Crazy docked up in PIB

Attachments

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(Captain Matt @ Jun 29 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(lac-lite @ Jun 29 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The good samaritans were Linda Chuck and Chaz Lumpkin on Jamican Me Krazy!

Yup. It was Linda.

Very glad she could assist!

That salvage bill on the other hand... $$$

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jun 29 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(KennyG @ Jun 29 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tcg @ Jun 29 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Way to go "Jamaican Me Crazy"

Matt

Nicely done Linda!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts