·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outposts

Outdoors, action, adventure
« Previous Post | Outposts Home | Next Post »

Capt. Phil Harris, of 'Deadliest Catch,' suffers stroke
February 1, 2010 | 11:44 amhttp://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d83...a83cd411970b-pi Phil Harris, captain of one of the crab-fishing vessels featured on the Discovery Channel series "Deadliest Catch" has been hospitalized after suffering a stroke.

Harris suffered a stroke while in port offloading his vessel, the 128-foot Cornelia Marie, according to the Discovery Channel website.

Harris was transported to a local medical facility, where he was resting comfortably.

Harris has captained the Cornelia Marie for 18 years and has two sons, Josh and Jake, who work as deckhands on the boat.

The popular television series "Deadliest Catch" follows the adventures of seven crabbing vessels and their crews during the Alaskan king crab season in the Bering Sea. A sixth season has been announced for broadcast this year.

The Aleutian Islands port of Dutch Harbor, Alaska, is the base of operations for the fishing fleet.

-- Kelly Burgess

Photo: Capt. Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie. Credit: Discovery Channel

To follow this blog on Twitter please visit @latimesoutposts.

More in: Adventure, Alaska, Fishing, Saltwater fishing, Seafood, Television

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Feb 1 2010, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that guy is the best hes had some bad luck the past year or so hope all is well with him

That sucks for him but I am not sure it is all bad luck. From what you see on the show, and I am sure the edit it, he smokes like a chimney, loves his whiskey, does not eat the best, and seems a bit overweight soe I soubt he runs a regular exercise program. Not saying I am happy that happened at all and hopefully he makes a full recovery. I do love the show although I do not want their jobs regardless of the money and schedule that comes with it.

·
3,236 Posts
After a lengthy overnight surgery he is now in a medically induced coma to protect his brain from the swelling. Doesn't sound like Phil will be fishing anymore regardless of the outcome, then again it is Phil so who the hell knows. A friend of the family will be captaining the Cornelia Marie this season. Won't be the same thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Feb 2 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After a lengthy overnight surgery he is now in a medically induced coma to protect his brain from the swelling. Doesn't sound like Phil will be fishing anymore regardless of the outcome, then again it is Phil so who the hell knows. A friend of the family will be captaining the Cornelia Marie this season. Won't be the same thats for sure.

I wonder if Murray will be back(he kinda went coo coo after his last run)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Seems only fitting. A toast to Phil and a speedy recovery! DUCK FARTS!

Duck Fart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
3/4 oz Kahlua
3/4 oz Bailey's irish cream
3/4 oz Canadian whisky (Canadian Club)
Mixing instructions:
layered- bottom to top Kahlua, Bailey's, Canadian Club

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(snowman @ Feb 2 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seems only fitting. A toast to Phil and a speedy recovery! DUCK FARTS!

Duck Fart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
3/4 oz Kahlua
3/4 oz Bailey's irish cream
3/4 oz Canadian whisky (Canadian Club)
Mixing instructions:
layered- bottom to top Kahlua, Bailey's, Canadian Club

Next get together, and can we change it to jack, pleeeeeeeeaz!!!

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
'Deadliest Catch' Captain Phil Harris woke up from a medically induced coma on Tuesday, TMZ is reporting.

Sons Jake and Josh Harris told TMZ their dad "showed some good signs of improvement."

The Emmy-winning "Deadliest Catch" - which takes place on the high seas - can be seen on the Discovery Channel.

Harris, the Seattle-based skipper of the Cornelia Marie who suffered a stroke on Friday, had been placed under a medically induced coma to reduce brain swelling, TMZ reported.

Harris was flown to an Anchorage hospital after suffering the stroke while unloading his boat at a port on St. Paul Island, Alaska.

With News Wire Services

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/02/02/2010-02-02_deadliest_catch_captain_phil_harris_out_of_medically_induced_coma_report.html
ixzz0eTrrhz1r

1 - 14 of 14 Posts