Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
We get back to the marina (small marina south of Beacons Cove, Velgers), get the boat tied up and start unloading coolers, etc. from the boat when we hear a big crash. Look over and see a boat sideways in the boat well and all kinds of dust. We ran around to the other side to see what in the hell happened. As we are going around we see a guy running towards Jefferson and climbs over the barbed wire gate and heads north on Jefferson. We get to the boat and a car totally ran into and went on top of the bow of a boat. It also took out a couple poles and hit the boat next to it. The car must have been going about 30+ mph and was fish tailing when it lost control and ran into the boat(s). The cops showed up and had the driver in the back seat, not sure what happened to his buddy that climbed over the barbed wire fence. Luckily there wasn't anyone in the boats that got hit.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Sep 14 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We get back to the marina (small marina south of Beacons Cove), get the boat tied up and start unloading coolers, etc. from the boat when we hear a big crash. Look over and see a boat sideways in the boat well and all kinds of dust. We ran around to the other side to see what in the hell happened. As we are going around we see a guy running towards Jefferson and climbs over the barbed wire gate and heads north on Jefferson. We get to the boat and a car totally ran into and went on top of the bow of a boat. It also took out a couple poles and hit the boat next to it. The car must have been going about 30+ mph and was fish tailing when it lost control and ran into the boat(s). The cops showed up and had the driver in the back seat, not sure what happened to his buddy that climbed over the barbed wire fence. Luckily there wasn't anyone in the boats that got hit.

View attachment 66595

YIKES! OK maybe I am cynical in my old age, but it looks like an insurance job to me! You would need to be really really stupid to be going 30+ mph out of a parking space or for that matter anywhere in the marina at that speed. I always wondered why marinas do not invest in parking blocks/curb, to prevent cars from rolling forward into the dock areas.

The picture makes my stomach turn.

·
Banned
326 Posts
QUOTE(SKUZA @ Sep 14 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The rims and the old english D tell me enough! DAMN!

LOL

1 - 20 of 116 Posts