Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My marina suggested that I rebuild the carbs on my 1989 350 mag motors. They have 320 hrs on them and never been rebuilt. I don't doubt they need a little attention but the quote from the marina seemed a little high. Have any of you had this work done lately. Any suggestions, places of repair, etc. Thanks!

·
12,052 Posts
320 hours is nothing. I have over 420 on my 1999. I know people that do more than that in one year. Now the age is different. In 14 years things might have dried out like the accelerator pump. I'm assuming they're quadrajets. A few people in our boat club had their carbs rebuilt all by the same guy and are very happy. I just called Tony and he will call me later with his number. It was $100. per carb. complete. Call me tonight Jim for his number. I will be on the boat until Sunday with no internet.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hammer, I will give you a call , it may not be tonight. $100 a carb seems to be very reasonable. I was getting prices from $180 to $370. The marina told me for as much as I use the boat that they were going to adj. the idle a little higher and that should be good for now. I dont know if Iam real excited about that. The marina still can't find the problem with the starting concerns.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last year it was my boat fender (the one he borrowed for a long time) . This year he put the spell on my boat. Iam starting to wonder if I should be taking some kind of hint here.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hammer,

I got the carbs back from Mike on Saturday. The only thing I had to do was adj. the idle. (only because the marina had turned up the idle to keep the boat running untill the carbs were rebuilt) other than that they seem to be perfect. Thanks again!

The problem was the acc. pump was bad on one carb and some hoses that feed the 4 brls on the other carb had fallen off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts