Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get up extra early tomorrow so you can take your time getting to were you have to go!

Please drive careful!

Macomb County
Winter Storm Warning
Winter Storm Warning:

Issued at: 4:00 PM EST 1/26/04, expires at: 10:00 PM EST 1/26/04

Winter storm warning in effect through Tuesday evening.
The NWS in detroit/pontiac has issued a winter storm warning.
Periods of sleet and patchy light freezing rain will become more widespread overnight, and turn to all freezing rain after midnight. This will continue into early Tuesday morning, with significant ice accumulations possible, especially from metro detroit south.
Precipitation will then turn rapidly to snow during the morning with periods of heavy snow possible through about noon. Occasional light snow will persist through the afternoon and evening, with total accumulations of 2 to 4 inches expected from around metro detroit south, and 3 to 5 inches mainly to the west of us 23.
Be prepared for difficult travel through tomorrow as freezing rain and sleet increases across the area. Area roads could be very slick tuesday morning as the freezing rain turns to snow. Expect delays in your morning commute. Stay up to date on the latest statements concerning this developing winter storm.
Remember, a winter storm warning means severe winter weather conditions are imminent or highly likely. Significant amounts of snow, sleet, and ice are forecast. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible. Travel is discouraged. Commerce will likely be impacted. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case you become stranded. If you leave the safety of your home you are putting your life at risk. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts from the national weather service.

·
Registered
336 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 26 2004, 06:04 PM)Great! I'm alone again with the snowblower!!

You've got the luck Moneyshot!

I decided when I heard the report this morning that I'm going to "work from home" tomorrow! LUCKY ME!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
.. I gotta move south.....

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I wonder if we will REALLY get that?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Nothing yet!!! It's going to wait for rush hour!!! Be careful everyone.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I had no problems, left the house at 5:25 took 94 to 696 to 75 to 14 mile rd.
There was less traffic than normal so my normal 45 to 55 minute drive only took 40 minutes.

I'm sure it will get worse the later it gets so be caerful.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Me too AJU! I left around 6:05am and I took I-94 to 696 to Telegraph, no problems, in work by 6:45am.

It may get worse out...so maybe I'll skate out of here early and skate my arse home!

Be safe everyone!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Roads were just wet so far. Took me the normal amount of time to get here.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just a note of warning....its coming your way!

Rain, sleet, HUGE snowflakes so bad you cannot see the car in front of you....started here in Ann Arbor about 30 minutes ago and already have 4 inches of snow on the ground. Thank goodness I park in a parking garage.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Sounds like a good reason to leave early today, I'm thinking 2:00

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
A coworker just got in from being on 696...she said it is getting bad out! UGH!

Looks like a early day for DD! I'm thinking a 1:00 departure myself.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
it's still clear as a bell here in beautiful harrison twp. i notice the flag is REALLY whipping tho on the flagpole... a westerly wind?
wierd.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Out here in the boonies of St. Clair county, it is sleeting and snowing really hard. I am so glad I decided to work at home today...took my son to school just around the corner and it's slick-so much for 4WD today.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Jan 27 2004, 09:29 AM)I am so glad I decided to work at home today...
I'm glad I decided to work at home too.... wait a minute, that's everyday!!!

Wonder if the coffee is done yet? BRB

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thank's for the warning afireman but I was already at work when I read this.

Must be nice Focker - Just keep rubbin' it in!!

Hey - Make us some jello shots and bring them to TNT's tonight - while your at home and all. Just an idea.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Not really cooking. Just alot of mixing, fillin' and having enough room in your fridge. They wouldn't let you bring them in a bar anyways. At least some bars wouldn't.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts