Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
441 - 460 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Jesus I know it's only worthy what someone is willing to pay.
amazing work I just don't know if you will get more money compared to regular clean model when you decide to sell. Everything is market capped but wow your boat is nicer then my house lol

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
Jesus I know it's only worthy what someone is willing to pay.
amazing work I just don't know if you will get more money compared to regular clean model when you decide to sell. Everything is market capped but wow your boat is nicer then my house lol
If fixing up and flipping boats where profitable Stan Merrill would be selling us his 3 part system. Lol. Its spent money so i do not worry about recouping it. Its the biggest boat that will fit my slip and i like the layout. But yes you are correct what ever i put into it i would not get out of it. I enjoy the challenges of working on it. might actually be cheaper i think to buy a newer boat but what would i do in the Winter? I think everyone should take up the challenge of drilling a 8" hole under the water line through their boat!!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #444 ·
Took advantage of the warm weather last night. Layup on box is done. I will be removing the old wood box seat and one swivel chair with SS base. So I should be reducing weight up on the fly bridge.

1708biaxle ready to go

Layup

It took 4 yards of cloth. One quart of gelcoat. Just a little over one gallon of polyester resin.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
So i got my crap tank level monitor in this weekend.

Seat box un molded. Needs to be cleanup from the mold release (PVA Green) Some touch up spots. Next is off to the Foam factory and order the vinyl for the seat

I have the old seat box out to use as a pattern to cut the contours on the base. I will also laminate a wood strip on the bottom to attach the L brackets on the inside.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
Started the teak on the Aft seating area. I did not have enough teak to do the whole deck so I went to order more from the same source. They were all out so I had order from a different source. Upon inspection I can tell these are a different type. The latter being a true tectona grandis. Would supect the other is a plantation grown teak. Maybe even Cunaru. Either way it has a lighter golden appearance. So that it looks uniform the edges are out of the one lot and the nautical star will be the other. The teak around the star will be the other. So even if they are a shade off I think it would look neat. Probably all blend in when done. Might have to work on it at night to get done in time.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
Well hopefully the sawmill is closed down for the season. Cut all the 1/4" strips out of the Teak boards. Filled a entire garbage bag full of saw dust. That doesn't include the layer of sawdust on everything in the garage.

All cut and ready to go.

Got the nautical star glued down and started on the strips. As before I will mark up the final 1/4" all around and use this on the dremal. I found this much more efficient that freaking over each individual cut. More accurate as well.

I am not very smart I did not learn my lesson the last time on the amount of time this takes
might have to setup some lights under the shrink wrap and work on it at night on the weekend. I would like to get the wood down, final cuts and caulk in before I take my shrink off. That way I don't have to worry about weather as much

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
Nautical star all cut in

Ready for caulk

So if you put a new floor down you are going to want to refinish the door! This whole thing is like the book if you give a mouse a cookie!!!

Before

Oil on the interior side. Working on the multi coats of varnish on the other side

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Put the caulk down this morning

What a messy job! I ran out
. Could have pick a few tubes at west but they are 3x as much!! $ 30.72 (with tax) I can understand they have overhead but jezz a $11 tube online verse almost $31.

Foam and backer cut. Just need to sew up the vinyl

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
Finished the last coat of varnish on the doors. Called Perko the door hardware manufacturer and they still had replacement keys. Two keys with shipping $5.10. Can't beat that. Also I called back because the latch has been not working very well and when I opened it up the spring was shot. They are sending one for free. Must have a lifetime warranty? They just don't make stuff like the use to. The soild teak doors came out nice I think.

So if you refinish your doors you are going to have to redo the step down area next to them. Added the teak veneer flooring here as well

Sanded a bit to put the aft cleat on. Now that all the caulk is down and the door are finished I can pull the shrink and buff out the fiberglass . I can finish sanding my demonic caulk off at my well

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #458 ·
Started sanding with the palm sander. After a hour I went and rented a floor corner sander and saved about 20 hours of sanding

Palm

Big sander

Started pouring rain but got the most of it. I can finish it up with the small sander

441 - 460 of 487 Posts