Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
I found this on the carver Facebook page. Some lady in the Philippines selling parts of my boat! Hope no one fell for it. Very odd felling when I stumbled across this.
Maybe they followed your old thread and built a perfect duplicate, and then mounted it on your boat temporarily to take pictures??

You might want to put a security camera focused on your platform for a while!!!

I would definitely respond to the ad, but I'm not on facebook. Could be a fun exchange!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Can't go the summer without messing with something. Installed a FLIR One Thermal imager to aid in seeing better in the dark and detect anything or anyone in the water at night. The radar dose a good job with other boats but log's and people out at night in Kayaks and such are a differing story. So I made a custom bracket comprised of a phone holder for a bike to hold the FLIR one camera. This is attached to a rod attached to the handrail.

It was very windy last night so just tested it at the dock. I will post some video next time i am out at night. It did pretty good job considering the water temp and air temp were very close and this pick up the difference between the two

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Had a chance to check out it in the marina cruising back from the pump-out. You do have a wider field of view when you do not have the split screen. It is nice though in that you can have the chart-plotter, Sonar and thermal imaging all in one display.

Next time i will setup a tripod. Docking/mooring AKA parking one handed while filming can be a challenge.

The setup consists of the following

IPad Air II
T-box Sonar
Navionics app
Boat Beacon App with augmented reality displaying the FLIR One image
FLIR one - Thermal Imager
Extension Lighting cable
Custom made mounting bracket

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Now that the Basement remodel is done its time to turn to Boat projects!! just few this year.

• Finish replacing the clear vinyl on the bridge canvas with crystalclear by strataglass
  • New carpet or flooring on the Bridge
  • Redo the flooring in the galley
  • Maybe bind the carpet in the main salon if i can find someone that does carpet binding or has a machine i can use
Anyone use this stuff? Thinking of using it up on the bridge. Nice and light weight

https://www.amazon.c...faux+teak&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Anyone use this stuff? Thinking of using it up on the bridge. Nice and light weight
A friend with a 356 just did his back deck with something like that, but it was not self-adhesive. He used snaps to hold it down like carpet. Looks pretty good, but there are a couple spots where the snaps are pulling the corners out of shape.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
before i install the new EVA teak up on the upper helm i would like to add a bracket to dampen the movement of the radar arch at the attachment point on the bridge. below is the location with the paper pattern. Going to print it out in PLA on my 3D printer

STL file in the slicer software

Picture of my printer

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Do you have one of those heavy duty sewing machines for the clear panels? I've considered finding a used one to do my own, but I'm not sure if I would break even after material costs.
I purchased a heavy duty sewing machine. I found the Rex which is the same machine as the sailrite one but not with all the features, basically sailrite takes the Rex adds some features and tripled the price

Portable Walking-foot sewing machine https://www.amazon.c...i_E009AbRNMR76V

I purchased the zig zag one in case I have to fix a sail.

Sailrite has great how to videos and all the supplies you need

After paying joe unique canvas butchery shop 1k to f up my canvas I spent a few hundred on a sewing machine and for some reason my came out better than his 30 years of experience hatched job did

461 - 480 of 487 Posts