Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Went out fishing on Cass Lake for a bit tonight. I just slowly trolled a crawler harness up on the north side of the lake along the weed edges. I didn't have much luck, just a bunch of little stuff. I'll probably head out looking for some walleye tomorrow. Anybody tried lately?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I Used to live on Cass Lake in the 90's, It's nothing like Lake St. Clair, I had every point, weed bed, dropoff, etc inbedded in my brain the first year. You can circle the lake in less than a day, casting, and in a couple hours trolling, as I am sure you know Cass goes from very shallow to very deep quickly, find the depth where the fish are and maintain it.

Try the souteast corner by wards point, work the seawall, (SM) and then follow the shore line around to the yatch club and past the creek, troll the sand bar edge north 10-16 feet, to the sand bar (W)

The bay in the northeast, across the sand bar, work the weeds from the north point, (biggest house on the lake) along the east, over to the condos and back to the marina, there is a drop off from 6-10-30+ feet.

Work right out from dodge park, go back into the "guts" north west from the ramp, (LM), and the area between the main lake and the ramp, if the boat traffic is light, this is a great spot for top water bass at dawn.

Lastly the west end bay again follow the shore in, start just past the island, and work back into the creeks. Then troll back from the southwest corner all the way along the south side, past the island and just keep going.
(SM,W)

One other nice bass spot is on the south side of the lake, go due south from from dodge park, look for the water trampoline.

Never had much luck trolling Cass, and it is not a great walleye lake, but I have seen guys who do it succesfully. I have nailed quite a few there myself, usually when bass fishing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts