Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming up from Central Indiana Wednesday night. Planning on fishing Anchor Bay Thursday thru Sunday. Our goal is to break the 40 inch Muskie mark. We have caught them in the mid to upper 30's. The boat is not set up for trolling and do not like to troll anyway. Any advise on depth, locations (ramps), and lures will help. If the muskies are not on we'll fish for pike, bass, or walleye. Any info wil be greatly appreciated. We will release everything except if we catch a few walleye on Sunday.
Thanks, Magnum

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'd suggest you throw 5" St. Clair Goby tubes on jigheads at weeds near current (around Grassy and North/Baltimore Channels) like you're bass fishing. I've landed 5 muskies over 40" this years including a 50" musky, mostly on that tube and I'm not trying to catch the darn things. Bish and I had a shot at a casting double earlier this year. He had one on and I actually did throw at another one that swam up (I don't know what came over me) to his fish, but I got bit off on the hookset - St. Clair Goby.

There's too many of them. They're attacking my bass when I'm trying to get them in. They're chasing bass off some of my spots. They need to be thinned down. I even saw a school of about a dozen of them swimming along once. Sore-mouth them all, I say. (Sorry Bob!)

G

·
That St. Clair tube you are referring too? Who makes it? I have been using one that BPS referred to me its a garlic scented one 4" St.Clair Special Color, greenish flaked. I think I need to get some of those goby ones. There probably more grayer huh?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Dan there are not to many Muskie. There are to many Bass they get in the way when the Muskie go after the favorite food Sheephead. See I knew you where going to blame my fish. Bob

·
Registered
220 Posts
are u drifting or anchored up for those muskies? forgive me, im new at this. thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much rain did you guys get? Has the water temp dropped much? Thanks for the replys, Magnum

·
Registered
164 Posts
We had about 1.5" of rain today and the temps are only going to be in the mid 60's for highs and lows around 50. Haven't been out lately because of work, but the lake should be cooling off nicely. Time to get some perch!!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Guys the St Clair Goby tube is nothing but a smoke laminate with small glitter....Precision will be having a whole new series of Great Lakes tubes next spring.

You can also get ANY COLOR TUBE YOU CAN DREAM OF with a minimum order of 2000 per color. Contact me for more details.

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
John you are correct. But I know of no other manufacturer/distributor that is currently selling this color/flake combination. Maybe in the future but not now. If you want this tube you have to get them from Xtreme Bass Tackle. I personally have not used it but have heard good things about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts