Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to tie a crankbait to your line when you are casting for walleye or bass?

Ray Champ

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my own opinion, the best knot depends on the type of fishing line that you are using. I find (and the manufacture suggests) that Fireline does not hold well when you are using knots which involve wrapping the line around itself. The manufacturer suggests that when using Fireline the polamor knot is the best option, and it is very easy to tie as well.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Been using exclusively FireLine since we could buy it in Michigan, all i use is the trilene knot, but i go around one more time, If you don't it is such a hard line it can slip, the key is one more wrap. That's all i do and it has never failed, plus make sure it's tight upon bearing down on the knot, than hold the line and yank on the lure.

h2o<--says it's fail safe that way

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I've used small round-end snaps for a long time. I hook it to the split ring. Seems to work pretty good and it's easy to change.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I learned from a Paul Elias video years ago, that he takes his split rings off and ties a loop knot called a 'king sling'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts