Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I am new to the forum as I am new to Sailing. I am just getting familiar enough with my Prindle 16 Cat that I want to take it out for the holiday weekend. Trouble is that I don't have any friends intersted in sailing to help me handle the boat so I thought I would check on this forum to see if anyone here is interested in meeting up.
Nathan

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome aboard!! If enough people see this someone will chime in and hook you up with a fellow sailor. Otherwise, there is a ton of information here about the lake in general.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Welcome to LSCN. There is a sailing forum in case you didn't see, but has been a dead cell for quite a while. Would love to see more activity in there among you sail members. There are a few sailors here, and if you start enough threads that are sail related you may get their attention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool! Do you guys know of any good beaches that I can sail off of? I see there is a boat launch thread going so one of those should be easy enough to find. Also, are there ever any sailboats out around for this coming weekends event?

·
Registered
310 Posts
QUOTE(NathanP16 @ Jun 19 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cool! Do you guys know of any good beaches that I can sail off of? I see there is a boat launch thread going so one of those should be easy enough to find. Also, are there ever any sailboats out around for this coming weekends event?

What you see in the other boat launch threads won't necessarily work for you. You'll want something with some shore or beach access immediately adjacent to the launch area. And you probably won't have a motor so you'll need the launch area right on open water. And no power lines of course.
Been a couple of decades since I trailered a sailboat, but I did use the launch at metro beach, just to the west of the beach area. I think it is still there. There were some other suitable places on Anchor Bay, but I can't recall their names, or know if they are even still available.
Maybe contact the folks at Avon sailboats, they might know of suitable launch areas on St. Clair.
Good luck, still might need a wetsuit till the water warms up.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Metro Beach has an area for launching your cat and other beach boats. You should have no problems finding crew at the beach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts