Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
That is one nice, dark, BIG cat ya caught there! They are something else when ya hook into one casting for something else. Congrats on a monster cat!!! I don't know any facts, but I'd say close to the 20lb range is possible. Lots of 10bers swimming out there though, and that itself is a big cat!

Good work and nice pic!

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
QUOTE(soule @ Jun 15 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you can catch anything on a tube, last week i caught a 24" walleye on one, what a bonus.
if you catch a walleye on a tube you may be on a school, a trick is to have a chartruse and chrome spoon ready to put on and cast in the same area and you may pick up another one or two.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 15 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>heres a 20 lb off a 10 inch nils

Good lord 11, I remember that pic from the other year. That is the biggest cat I have seen taken from LSC. That is a tru monster. Imagine the fight on that fish if you caught it casting a tube for a bass.....great fish man.

·
Registered
735 Posts
thats a monster, but not the biggest i've seen or caught. i remember as a little kid at a local park where these asian guys would have monster cats just lying on the bank where they were fishing.
also, i had a personal experience with about a 25-30lber with my dad and friend in our old reliable 12ft alluminum. i was drifting a lindy rig w/ harness when this monster slams it. i say, "dad i think im snagged. and then then i see the catfish surface. he wasn't fighing at all. but once he got about 20 ft from the boat, he started bulldogging and going nuts. turnign the boat, pulling the boat. finally we got this giant in the boat, me being about 10-12, i say, "lets keep it", but there was no room for this giant in a little 12 ft boat w/ 3 guys. was about as long as my dads leg (no official measurement, but probably 30-35 inches. a giant. ill never forget that fight that fish put up.

·
Vendor
539 Posts
I love catching catfish on lures. 3-4 years ago I took Bob Brunner to one of my main lake musky spots and I hook into this really nice fish(thinking its a musky) and I really talk it up while the fight is on. It was on a 8" tiger tube. It finaly comes up off the bottom. Oh ya its a huge catfish. It was quit awhile before Bob quit laughing. He got a musky right after that in same spot and I am still hearing about it !

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(muskie_caster @ Jun 16 2009, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I love catching catfish on lures. 3-4 years ago I took Bob Brunner to one of my main lake musky spots and I hook into this really nice fish(thinking its a musky) and I really talk it up while the fight is on. It was on a 8" tiger tube. It finaly comes up off the bottom. Oh ya its a huge catfish. It was quit awhile before Bob quit laughing. He got a musky right after that in same spot and I am still hearing about it !

I thought this was a Ski too...hit a Husky Jerk about 10 feet from shore and just peeeled drag right away and bulldawged like no other.......I ended up switching up to target cats and caught about 7 more in a couple hours.

Plant Fish Baseball cap Bird Cap

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(dawson0919 @ Jun 15 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This cat was caught on June 14 by a tube. How big they could be in this lake?

View attachment 62608

I caught one that went every bit of 25 pounds of better about a month ago in the Salt River. It was a real pig.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts