Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of switching to Metro PCS to their $40 plan Unlimited calling Local and long distance, txting, and web access - down side you have to buy the phone no freebie like verizon new every 2. I know it doesn't have coverage like verizon (which is the best) but if I am pretty covered in this area I guess I don't care. THOUGHTS

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
My daughter has Metro PCS. The phones are not the best, she just tried to get an upgrade with better internet & pics, they wanted $250.00 for that phone. Her coverage isn't too bad. She lives in Marysville, she has no service in quite a few places along the river. She did get a bar or 2 at Browns. She had to go to Saginaw last fall & had no service there. She hasn't had any problems with service in the Detroit metro area.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would see if she can take one for a test drive. White I was happy overall with their service, my wife and I did get quite a few dropped calls. I couldn't even use the phone in my house. I have Boost, and it's better. Watch out for the $40. I don't think it has texting or directory assistance. Close to $50 OTD.

Jason

·
Registered
245 Posts
A friend of mine also had Metro PCS.... and he visits Saginaw a lot... no service! He switched... not sure what he went to. Personally... I don't have a cell phone... and don't want one. Everybody I know with cell phones seems to have problems with those things.... and they are so expensive!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I forgot - the roaming SUCKS!! You have to activate it on your phone before you leave your coverage area, and you need money in your account to do it. The last time I roamed, it didn't work; that's why we switched.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
MetroPCS is supposed to only for the Metro Detroit area (3 counties) correct? If you use it outside of that it is EXPENSIVE, no?

Anyway its the same technology as Verizon. YOu can get almost any Verizon phone flashed to MetroPCS.....just a heads up.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I thought it was Sprint for Metro PCS. I know you can get a pay as you go plan for the same price that uses the Verizon network though.

A friend of mine has the pay as you go on the verizon with his blackberry, but they just disabled picture messaging and push email because it used too much "free" bandwidth.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I think Sprint is Virgin? But, what do I know?
Check other carriers plans before jumping into that...My dad uses those pay as you go plans and the phones are always taking a dump on him. I keep telling him he's wasting his money.

Threecrabs~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts