Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering which cell phone service works best on Lake St. Clair and rivers? I have Sprint and am not real happy with it. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i have verizon, and it seemed to work great at browns and the moot this weekend. i noticed others having problems, having to go outsideto use their phone (at brown's), but i had no problems using it inside brown's...or at the moot.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I recently switched from Verizon to Nextel....

my advice would be to go with Verizon! I pretty much had service everywhere w/ Verizon-

I was out at the moot on Saturday and my nextel sucked!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
AT&T Wireless has been very good to me... I travel a lot for work, and of course the water, never had a problem except any time you get off of I-75 past Gaylord...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just switched from Sprint to Verizon-Never had good reception on Clinton River-now it is great-also get reception in my basement office!!

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
att wireless and it seems to work good.

don't use my phone often when on the lake, though. being on the lake is my escape and i try to sever all tethers (including the cell phone) when i'm out.

gus

·
Registered
765 Posts
Verizon is good so long as there is enough cell towers.

It doesn't work good for me in New Baltimore.

But elsewhere it does.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
If anybody is looking to sign up for Verizon online, please use the link below, or the banner on the right. You'll be doing your part in supporting LSCN!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wife and I have had Verizon for years. No trouble at all any where on Lake St. Clair. Not even when we go to Cove Marina in Canada.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
we have verizon..works well....all except one thing...

CELLPHONES SHOULD BE WATERPROOF !!!!

<YES IM YELLING>

·
Registered
696 Posts
Another vote for Verizon, great coverage on the lake and down to Put In Bay....

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I'm suprized nobody's mentioned Cingular. I have Nextel through work and it is useless pretty much everywhere on the lake. My wife has Cingular and she always has a signal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts