Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
They're exposing wild island parties tonight at 5 and 6 pm. Heard this when listening to the news this morning while ironing my shirt and then forgot to set my VCR. Darn. I guess I'll just have to wait to see it replayed for the whole next week until they have milked the story for all it's worth.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
They must have ran out of other things to talk about. I would imagine they are re-playing last year's??? Look for me on there!!!
I bet Drew & Mike will play all of the drops again too.

·
Registered
991 Posts
f**k those a**holes, sweeps week ratings, I'm with tha maya ah Detroit, just hype. What would happen if we caught them with their undercover cameras and tossed them in the drink?

·
Registered
83 Posts
they are the reason this party is so big.
my first years going it was mostly people from
the busness, now it's a national holiday.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(pinemartin @ May 19 2003, 01:06 PM)they are the reason this party is so big.
my first years going it was mostly people from
the busness, now it's a national holiday.
i hear ya !
jobbies are out numbered atleast 5 to 1 out there now.
and attracts everyone who can get out there....by playing it all over the news !

·
Registered
162 Posts
They totally exploited the party last year. Must be a really slow news week...not to mention sweeps. Why don't they spend their time saving abused kids? Or, finding homes for families on the street? How altruistic of them!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I think my first one was Jobbie Nooner 9 or 10.....When it was in the back of Muscamoot and was ALL people in the business.....

Havent been in at least 10 years.

Mini

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 19 2003, 01:13 PM)I think my first one was Jobbie Nooner 9 or 10.....When it was in the back of Muscamoot and was ALL people in the business.....

Havent been in at least 10 years.

Mini
YEAH MINI, I WENT TO MY FIRST ONE IN 1988
when it was in fischer's bay

·
Registered
585 Posts
Free Advertisement for Jobbienooner...what more could you ask for?!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Hey you old folk JN'ers from a past era. I heard there is some controversy on the date, that it had always been on the third Friday of June, now those JN website crackheads have it scheduled for the last Friday. Heard some of the jobbies are still having it the third Friday.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Sorry I cant tell you, I no longer go. I drive by while fishing and shake my head. I will also call Capt'n Rob again if the weather gets too bad.

Mini

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ May 19 2003, 01:56 PM)Hey you old folk JN'ers from a past era. I heard there is some controversy on the date, that it had always been on the third Friday of June, now those JN website crackheads have it scheduled for the last Friday. Heard some of the jobbies are still having it the third Friday.
i have always know it to be last friday in june.
not sure if it was the 3rd fri or not ever.
1988 it was last fri in june as i remember

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Actually... It's the first Friday after the first day of Summer. Last season it was Fri. June 21st.
This season "Summer Begins" on Saturday June 21, so the first Friday after is June 27th

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
This is getting complicated!!!!

I heard it was the Friday prior to the first waning moon of the winter solstice, that is unless it happens to be a leap year then it's the Friday that immediatly follows the last full moon of the spring season.

Dang, I'm glad I can just log on here to find out when to go!!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Lee and Lee started these parties and they were on the 3rd Friday in June. My first was in Fisher Bay in 1991 and spent the day on one of Lee's boats drinking his beer. Almost everyone was a jobbie and I took Lee Odell around in my small boat and every boat had someone on it that new him. I doubt these guys even show up anymore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.