Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
This sounds like alot of fun. I was so bummed
about missing this past one that I might have to make something happen.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I just talked to Patriot and there is some interst in this. cbrin44 do you have any more info? Where are all the stops? I noticed a 4 person min.....is that true? What happens if you don't have four?

Has anyone done this run before?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Ooohh....I might wanna go! I'm 24'

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The stops are not listed on the flyer. It is a 4 person min. By reading the flyer I'm under the impression that they will give you riders if your boat is not full.
There is also a 24' min lenght.
Price is $100 per person.

I was thinking about running my boat but everyone I asked said they thought $100 was too much money....

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
What's this crap about at 24 foot limit? That's a boat load of B.S. Discrimination at a charity event, now that's something that I never would have even dreamed of.
4 people minimum? WTF?

And if you don't have the minimum crew, they're gonna attempt force you to take on people that you don't even know? If you say NO to extra crew, what are they gonna do? NOT let you run? Give you your money back?

I can't believe that this is supposed to be a charity event. If they were serious about raising money, they would let anyone participate.

All to benefit Drugs Are Really Excellent, no less.

I think I'll paint a bit pot leaf on my boat and ride with them anyway!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Tough crowd.....

I'm sure the 4 boat person is to maxamize the amount of money they can raise. They have to limit the thing to a certain amount of boats otherwise everyone would not fit at certain stops I'm sure.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Before getting too bent out of shape. I do believe there is a drink ticket given for each of the stops, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Plus a poker hand for a chance to win some money. So there is a good return for your 100 bucks.

I highly doubt that you will be excluded without having 4 people in the boat. Andre and TJ's, Dawn and I ran just the two of us in our boat. It just gives other people a chance to go that don't have boats or a boat they don't want to take on the run.

The 24' minimum is more for your own good. I know I would not want to be out there and have a good wind kick up and I am 25 miles away knocking myself out to get to the next stop. So no, its not being prejudice, just a good suggestion. The last poker run only had one 25 foot boat that I seen, mine is 32 with twins and there were a ton of boats bigger. I would have no desire to try to run a small boat with the big boats cross chop banging me back and forth all day.

Christian will put on a good poker run and it will be worth your time and money. Not only that, its for a good cause, write part it off on your taxes, if not all of it. No bitchin'

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
With the cost of Poker Runs today $100 is about as cheap as it gets. You can't complain about that. Does everyone get a hand or just one per boat?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i had the pleasure of talking and organizing the jack's stop with christian about 2 weeks ago. i'm sure it'll be a blast, and if i wasn't going to be working that night, i'd definatly try to go.

i can guarantee jack's is providing food for the folks, and discounted drink prices (50 cents off). that's the extent i can tell ya, but i'll send him an email and see if he'll check back in!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry about the late reply.
Thanks Tom for some explanation.

This run is setup just like the rest, Wertz/Water Warriors and Andre & TJ's, which are very successful and have been for many years.
I am also having one to benefit some programs I have a vested interest in.

Like Tom said for $100 you get Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner plus 5 beverage tickets. Everyone on the boat gets a poker hand with prizes for 1st, 2nd and worst. There will be 50/50 and some other give aways. Most of all you will get a day on the lake boating, during the middle of the week, having a great time.

As Tom said the 24' min. is not enforced and if you feel you can run a smaller boat all day then the more the merrier.
I would not turn anyone away. The past runs have had 50' cruisers, you just have to plan accordingly by either leaving a stop earlier or arriving later. Still everyone will have a great time. Tom hit the nail on the head about the 4 person request. Again I would not force anybody to take someone on their boat or turn you away if there were just 2 or 3.

This is just a Charity Fun Run which will be great time.

The stops are:
First stop/breakfast - Mac & Ray's
Second stop - Jack's
Third stop/lunch - Crews Inn
Fourth stop - Algonac Harbor Club
Fifth stop/dinner - Metro Beach

If you are interestd please visit Milllennyum Marine Service.com there you find the flier and sign up sheet which you can print out. You could also stop by Millennyum Marine at 36290 Jefferson Ave. just south of Crocker. 586-468-7361

As with any event please sign up asap so I can give the stops an accurate head count.

Christian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts