Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that during the holiday season everybody is hit up to donate to worthy causes.

I just want to make sure that everybody knows that the holiday fundraiser was suggested, and the LSCN family jumped on the idea. I do not want anyone to take this as an angry message, it is not. I just want it to be clear that by no means were attempts made to pressure people into contributing. I am not sure if any of the previous messages were eluding to that, or if in general peeps are fed up with being pimped for money.

For my own piece of mind, our intent was to help others, not put financial strains on anybody. Both donations of time & money are/were equally appreciated. CBJ and I spoke and it was important to both of us that people give or not give as they wish and I hope this was evident.

Money is not what this season is about. The obvious was we wanted to help others, but another huge aspect of this fundraiser was the events (shopping, wrapping etc) would allow the LSCN peeps to share part of the holidays together. LSCN has evolved into it's own special family
. Think about it, you proabably talk more to members here, than you may to some of your own family members.

I hope this does not offend anybody, I just wanted y'all to know my thoughts!!!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i think an LSCN charity is a great thing, i have helped with every thing sponsored every LSCN event there has been this season. toys for tots at gino's, CBJ's drink a thon and am willing to still help with anything else the LSCN has to offer. hint here is LSCN, on the LSCN board. those with business numbers in thier signitures had to remove them not to long ago unless they were sponsors of the site. this should hold true with everything including charities.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Dec 4 2003, 02:00 PM)those with business numbers in thier signitures had to remove them not to long ago unless they were sponsors of the site. this should hold true with everything including charities.
and i gave!

em, i got what you're trying to do. i'm behind ya, girlie!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Miss Emily:

I too support that thread eddie started about you... and all of the others willing to put in the time and effort to make these charities work...

but...

It's not just one charity this time of year.. you know? There are like 6 floating around here on these pages all the time... and on all the street corners and outside of all the stores and in the mail... and even family and friends and ourselves... the whole world it seems is in a tight spot these days...

It's hard seeing it everywhere as it is... because the people are EARNING the money people are donating... but you avoid the eyes and continue driving or whatever because it's obviously impossible to contribute to all...

I think it's just so much right here on LSCN where we sit all day and peruse.... it's just a little too overwhelming with so many right now... you know?

no hurt intended at all... it's just how I see it... but I still whole heartedly commend all of the efforts of everybody... and have contributed to various things myself... but, I can't give anymore for a thousand reasons and there are three weeks left...

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Dec 4 2003, 02:00 PM)i think an LSCN charity is a great thing, i have helped with every thing sponsored every LSCN event there has been this season. toys for tots at gino's, CBJ's drink a thon and am willing to still help with anything else the LSCN has to offer. hint here is LSCN, on the LSCN board. those with business numbers in thier signitures had to remove them not to long ago unless they were sponsors of the site. this should hold true with everything including charities.
Blah Blah Blah! Its all about you, Pandora and his special diet. Oh woopedy dooooo! I say screw the needy families and lets throw a party!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Dec 4 2003, 02:06 PM)QUOTE(Pandora @ Dec 4 2003, 02:00 PM) i think an LSCN charity is a great thing, i have helped with every thing sponsored every LSCN event there has been this season. toys for tots at gino's, CBJ's drink a thon and am willing to still help with anything else the LSCN has to offer. hint here is LSCN, on the LSCN board. those with business numbers in thier signitures had to remove them not to long ago unless they were sponsors of the site. this should hold true with everything including charities.
Blah Blah Blah! Its all about you, Pandora and his special diet. Oh woopedy dooooo! I say screw the needy families and lets throw a party!!!!!!!!
We'll throw an eating party, where we eat all the yummy food the poor people cant afford. Then we'll wipe are a$$es with the left over bills.

Merry
Christmas

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Perhaps there should be a special forum for the chairities??????Moderators????

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
hey CBJ... GYRO'S for everyone... OPA!!!!!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Girlie, Cbj, Ms. P and others......
I understand all of your feelings...
Girlie & CBJ thanks for what you have put together...
Ms. P, I understand that you just can't give to each cause..
Neither can most of us...
Let's all be greatful for what we have and what we can give and for all of the extra charities out there that we can't give to, so be it... Let's not forget the Christmas Spirit.... I think that your all great but we have to remember that the Holidays do cause a lot of stress and we have to deal with it in different ways.. No finger pointing... Your all a great group of people...
Now Deck the hall and so on.... :>)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Dec 4 2003, 02:06 PM)but...

It's not just one charity this time of year.. you know? There are like 6 floating around here on these pages all the time... and on all the street corners and outside of all the stores and in the mail... and even family and friends and ourselves... the whole world it seems is in a tight spot these days...
I understand and agree, this time of year can be too much. I just wanted my feelings known.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts