Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas!

I'm toying aroud with the idea of gathering a few buddies and going on a fishing charter in St. Clair. We're looking for spring walleye. I've never been on a charter, any references?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(medic 12 @ Mar 6 2003, 10:46 AM)Hey fellas!

I'm toying aroud with the idea of gathering a few buddies and going on a fishing charter in St. Clair. We're looking for spring walleye. I've never been on a charter, any references?
Call Capt. Jim Barta. I think he is booked for the whole year, or it might just be the Spring in the Detroit River.
I dont have his number right off hand, but I am sure you can find it on the net.

Mini

·
Registered
718 Posts
Kevin Long from Longcast Guide Service does a nice job, the only draw back would be the amount of angler's he can take.

Doug

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Kevin also fishes out of a bass boat. It is easier and more effective to fish from a walleye boat on the big lake during the summer.

Mini

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
As for Detroit River walleye, I figured Mini would have suggested an All Star Pro Staffer such as full time guide Jon Bondy. His site is www.lakestclairfishing.com

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I would have suggested Jon IF he had a walleye boat that could fish St Clair effectively. Remember the question was for St Clair, not the Detroit River....
BTW DRP welcome....it did get you to post...lol Jon will be at the All Star booth at Bass Pro next weekend.

Dave, when I stop thinking I have found the "edge". When that happens look out! LOL

Mini

1 - 8 of 8 Posts