Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, even though I lost an out drive, prop and one contact lens we still manged to have one he11 of a time.

Everything was running great until 6 miles out from the Cove lighthouse, my starboard engine over heated and my rpm's went thought the roof, still not sure what the problem is but I suspect it's a blown impeller due to a burning rubber smell and the 230 temp gage.

Once arriving we picked up Melly Jo and Milord and the government docks and decided to head up to Chatam on one engine.

After a non-eventful trip to the Chatam docks we decided to head in for dinner. Following dinner we went back to the boat to find Jame's little brother with about 20 of his closest friends already partying on the docks.

After in and out of bars all night having a total blast, one by one the crew started to go down around 3 am. Accept for Cotty and Joe, they held out until after 5 am.

I woke up to Cotty whining
about the sleeping arrangements, the poor guy slept on the helm seat after James and Mel crashed in the aft. Waking up around 7:30 we decided to head back. Once on our way and 20 minutes out from the Cove Marina, Cotty managed to find something submerged in the river that sheared 2 blades off my new prop. Having no control we decided to anchor in the river and swap props over from the non functioning engine.

To make a long story short, we had breakfast at Radlins we idled back from Cove Marina to Harbor Club North on one engine.

I can't wait to do it again minus the damage!

Thanks Cotty, cousins Joe, Mel and James for great time.

Cotty, send in the pix asap!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks Capt'n Rob for the ride up the river. Man that was one kick a$$ time! I wasn't feeling that well yesterday but today I am back to normal. James will probably have his pic up for tomorrow, but I am afraid to see cotty's!

Lots of fun, thank you soo much. I hope we can get a crew to come up next year even though it is a cursed run! hehehe jk.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Wow, it hasn't been your year with that boat Rob. Glad you had a good time anyway!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Rob,

I will get them asap, there should be some, "can anyone guess what's going through minds photos" They are already getting put on disk, I should have them back either tonight or tomorrow. I will send them to Capt Mike.

Mel, I am sorry to disappoint you but I was unable to take any photos at spanky's and I know how much you wanted that documented. LOL

Thanks Rob for a very short journey at 8km the whole way there and back. It was definitely a blast and will be up for the next one.

p.s. Everyone watch out for something submerged just deep enough to only hit the prop about 2.5 miles from the mouth of the Thames river. Everyone has to admit it was funny seeing Milord and Joe get woken up by us yelling at them.(We're going down, GET UP) LOL

Thanks again to our wonderful Cap't Rob and Joe's GPS.

Cotty
Pictures to come soon.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long did it take us? I think 4 hours on the river and another 5 across the lake. It would of been shorter on the river but we took time out to swap out the prop.

8.2 miles an hour on average.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think Milord is bummed out that he did the Houdini and missed the shower experience!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is always a next time.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Oct 13 2003, 09:39 AM)Wow, it hasn't been your year with that boat Rob. Glad you had a good time anyway!
Time for the boat to be put away! Indoor storage here I come.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Oct 13 2003, 10:46 AM)How long did it take us? I think 4 hours on the river and another 5 across the lake. It would of been shorter on the river but we took time out to swap out the prop.

8.2 miles an hour on average.
Sorry to here that but I know how you feel lost a motor down in P.I.B. last year 8 1/2 hours to get home on one motor.Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Melly Jo @ Oct 13 2003, 10:49 AM)I think Milord is bummed out that he did the Houdini and missed the shower experience!

Thats probably true but Cap't Rob was 20 feet from the shower and still missed it. LOL

I think everyone did something special that trip.

Mel you did a few things
= Spankys was the best one though.

Cap't Rob = Some got lost in the town

Milord = went missing from Spanky's

Joe = Well who really knows, I remember seeing him walking towards 7-11 around 4:30 am

Cotty = I of course managed to take 2 blades off the prop.

I am not exactly sure the total trip time but. I woke up before 8am and we left for home. We arrived back at Port sometime after 4pm.

cotty

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Always something.

The pictures will be pretty funny.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(cotty @ Oct 13 2003, 10:39 AM)Everyone has to admit it was funny seeing Milord and Joe get woken up by us yelling at them.(We're going down, GET UP) LOL
lmfao!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Zesty @ Oct 13 2003, 10:06 PM)Did anyone get a GPS coorinate on the submerged object??
No Gps cords. we were on the river and half asleep.

James and melly jo could get the cords and they would probably be with in 100 feet of the object. All I know is we could see there friends hunting lodge from where we hit it.

cotty

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I can co-ords to pretty darn close as Cotty said. It's right across from friends.

Thanks to Capt. Rob for the hospitality, we had a blast. Cotty should now be named the Instigator!
It's really too bad you couldnt' get any pictures in Spanky's, I could have had blackmail material for life!

Can't wait to do it again but I think we'll wait until the spring rolls around for that! Though Joe might want to come hang out at 7-11 this winter.

I'll try to find sometime tonight or tomorrow and post the pictures we took.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts