Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this as I thought it came out really awesome. My wife had this made for me by a friend and gave it to me for an anniversary gift. This is just a proof but she had it made in a full poster size and framed. The picture quality is awesome! Thought it might make a good avatar!!
I really think the guy should go into biz doing these. He made another one for my daughter with a soccer theme and it was very cool too.

Art Fish Recreation Poster Winter

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
That is a sweet gift. Something that comes from the heart is much better and I am sure she had a lot of input into the gift.
And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the "happy anniversary" and "congrats" comments. I can't complain, she puts up with a lot of my crap. I have gotten so much good feedback that I might sit down and talk to this guy about doing more of them. Right now he just does them for friends and mostly in a sports theme. This was the first "fishing" theme he has done but I have had people ask about doing anything from a golf theme, to someone who asked about doing one for his band to another asking about doing one in a fun family portrait style. Who knows maybe he could make a little extra money doing it, I know I sure would in this economy; might at least get a little gas in the boat.

I was trying to think as my wife and I always try to go fishing on our anniversary as we went on a honeymoon to Montana and stayed at a fishing lodge. We have been married 12 years now and these are some of the things we have done for our anniversary...

canoeing and fly fishing on the PM
salmon on lake michigan out of Leland
muskie on LSC
pinks in the st mary's rapids
walleye on erie
steelhead on erie
numerous other years just fishing on LSC in Mitchells Bay.
salmon and lakers on East Bay in Traverse City
salmon fishing around Mackinaw island and the straits.

I think that covers the 12 years as we have done lake MI and LSC a couple of few times. I don't think there has been a year we missed yet.... Kind of a tradition now!!!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Wow that is sweet got some good memories to pass on to little ones. Sounds like you found the perfect wife. Puts up with your crap (LOL) and goes fishing with you.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(superman @ Aug 24 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(soule @ Aug 20 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thats flippin awesome

x2 well said!

Oh and please keep us posted on this guy - I can think of a bunch of things where that kind of gift would be awesome, I hope he decides to keep doing that.

stay tuned..... I have to meet with him sometime very soon. It sounds like he would welcome some orders but time is a restriction for him so he wants to sit down with me and fill me in a little bit on what he needs to get this going. Good news is that it sounds like I might be able to accept some orders for him real soon.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
QUOTE(kayceedee @ Aug 20 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought I would share this as I thought it came out really awesome. My wife had this made for me by a friend and gave it to me for an anniversary gift. This is just a proof but she had it made in a full poster size and framed. The picture quality is awesome! Thought it might make a good avatar!!
I really think the guy should go into biz doing these. He made another one for my daughter with a soccer theme and it was very cool too.

View attachment 65726
WOW!!! That is too Cool! Wish My wife did that!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.