Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being my first ski show I thought it would be bigger.

There was lots & lots of baits, of course.

Some of the seminars were great others were pure sales pitches.

The high point was what my wife took away from mike hulberts seminar on pressure points.

She bought a plastic chicken with chartreuse blades on the feet because it was different!

That and some how she ended up with a casting rod & reel combo that cost more than all 3 that use combined! WTF! A revo toro & a custom ronnie & helens split handle XX-heavy 4-16oz 8' 6" rod.

Got lots of new toys and new tactics to try.

Can't wait for softwater again!

I can't post pic here from my android so I'll get'em up after i'm back

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah! On the way down 94 was closed just before the stateline because of wrecks. The road block was at the bottom of a hill and as everybody tried to stop we all did nothing but slide. There were 4 wrecks all around us! We slide but thankfully I got the durango under control before slide into the guard wire or another car! Woohoo! That got the heart going.....

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
yea i wanted to i went to go but i went to the ultimate fishing show instead it was a good show and i went to a lance valentine seminar it was very informative

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(jquintano78 @ Jan 10 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yea i wanted to i went to go but i went to the ultimate fishing show instead it was a good show and i went to a lance valentine seminar it was very informative

Which one of Lance's seminars did you go to.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
SONAR AND GPS AND I BOUGHT BOTH OF THE DVDS

·
Registered
526 Posts
It was a good show and if anyone wants the seminar notes from this years show and last years please send me a PM with your email address.

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Jan 10 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Being my first ski show I thought it would be bigger.

The high point was what my wife took away from mike hulberts seminar on pressure points.

She bought a plastic chicken with chartreuse blades on the feet because it was different!

That and some how she ended up with a casting rod & reel combo that cost more than all 3 that use combined! WTF! A revo toro & a custom ronnie & helens split handle XX-heavy 4-16oz 8' 6" rod.

I learned a lot from some of the seminars but about 80% of them could have been read in the issues of musky hunter mags. Friday is was not crowded, Sat was packed and Sunday wasn't crowded.
Over all it was disappointing. The prices were high, no one had good sales and on the last day no one was doing any kind of clearance.
Only thing I liked was that you could touch it and see it before you buy. Other than that we could have saved the cost of the whole trip and paid shipping on the baits that you couldn't find locally.

I am excited to try my new baits (especially the ones pictured below) and rod/reel this spring.

Mike Hulberts seminar gave me some good ideas of course you could read his whole speech from the magazine article he wrote.
Pics below of what I got out of his pressure points lecture.

When all else fails............ I got me a Go Too Bait!

·
Registered
526 Posts
QUOTE(Tami @ Jan 11 2010, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr @ Jan 10 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Being my first ski show I thought it would be bigger.

I learned a lot from some of the seminars but about 80% of them could have been read in the issues of musky hunter mags. Friday is was not crowded, Sat was packed and Sunday wasn't crowded.
Over all it was disappointing. The prices were high, no one had good sales and on the last day no one was doing any kind of clearance.
Only thing I liked was that you could touch it and see it before you buy. Other than that we could have saved the cost of the whole trip and paid shipping on the baits that you couldn't find locally.

I am excited to try my new baits (especially the ones pictured below) and rod/reel this spring.

Mike Hulberts seminar gave me some good ideas of course you could read his whole speech from the magazine article he wrote.
Pics below of what I got out of his pressure points lecture.

When all else fails............ I got me a Go Too Bait!

After the chicken/musky video this was bound to happen and I would bet that there will be more than one chicken carcasse bing tossed around this year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts