Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at a Christmeas Party on Saturday night having a great time until some people that were there ended up destroying her house. She just got done fixing up her house, everything was nicely decorated, new and fresh, until a few of the people there got drunk and started being stupd!!! Red wine was spilled all over the place, people were having sex in her bathiroom , they just did't have any respect for her or her beautiful home! And to make matters worse they would not leave!! It was going on 3ish or so in the morning at they were still destroying her home. I helped her clean up that next morning and couldnt help but wonder, with my Christmas party comming up soon, am i going to have the same problem?? We just got done remodeling our house except for the kitchen and I would hate to see drinks spilled on our new white carpet or things destroyed. I know it might sound stupid to say and i know its a party but I can't help but think this because of what happened last night.
My friend kind of knew the people that did this but not really. I guess since it wasnt there house or party they didn't care. Well such is life. I hope all goes smooth at our bash and we won't have to worry about stuff like that. Thanks for letting me vent

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Dec 7 2003, 07:26 PM)Well I was at a Christmeas Party on Saturday night having a great time until some people that were there ended up destroying her house. She just got done fixing up her house, everything was nicely decorated, new and fresh, until a few of the people there got drunk and started being stupd!!! Red wine was spilled all over the place, people were having sex in her bathiroom , they just did't have any respect for her or her beautiful home! And to make matters worse they would not leave!! It was going on 3ish or so in the morning at they were still destroying her home. I helped her clean up that next morning and couldnt help but wonder, with my Christmas party comming up soon, am i going to have the same problem?? We just got done remodeling our house except for the kitchen and I would hate to see drinks spilled on our new white carpet or things destroyed. I know it might sound stupid to say and i know its a party but I can't help but think this because of what happened last night.
My friend kind of knew the people that did this but not really. I guess since it wasnt there house or party they didn't care. Well such is life. I hope all goes smooth at our bash and we won't have to worry about stuff like that. Thanks for letting me vent

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Dec 7 2003, 07:28 PM)QUOTE(fit chick @ Dec 7 2003, 07:26 PM) Well I was at a Christmeas Party on Saturday night having a great time until some people that were there ended up destroying her house. She just got done fixing up her house, everything was nicely decorated, new and fresh, until a few of the people there got drunk and started being stupd!!! Red wine was spilled all over the place, people were having sex in her bathiroom , they just did't have any respect for her or her beautiful home! And to make matters worse they would not leave!! It was going on 3ish or so in the morning at they were still destroying her home. I helped her clean up that next morning and couldnt help but wonder, with my Christmas party comming up soon, am i going to have the same problem?? We just got done remodeling our house except for the kitchen and I would hate to see drinks spilled on our new white carpet or things destroyed. I know it might sound stupid to say and i know its a party but I can't help but think this because of what happened last night.

WELL DONT LOOK AT ME!

·
12,052 Posts
I used to have a fall - end of summer party and a super bowl party every year. I spend hundreds on tons of food and drinks. Then a few years ago after all new carpet, tile, and paint, I had one of my parties. People that were friends of friends came in with hiking boots on and stuff on my new LIGHT grey carpeting. Needless to say, there was spots on it that I couldn't get out. So now......no more parties.

my advise........ask people to remove their shoes. Many parties I go to are like this. Not a big deal. One party coming up, it says bring your slippers on the invite.

One more thing, have cleanup stuff (wet towel, spot shot) handy so if an accident does happen, you can get it right away. Oh, and put some condoms in your bathroom.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I take pride in the fact that I have a tastefully and moderate expensively decorated house, I respect it and I would hope others would too.

Not the exact same experience, but my sister always wants to come over with my nieces and nephews. Now I ADORE them, however my house is not their house.

When I have my oldest niece Mackenzie over to spend the night she is darling and polite, but when my nephew comes over too it is a whole other experience. He picks things up and throws things. Ceramic balls I keep in a bowl, night lights, heavy glass elephants. Keep in mind I don't have children and I choose not to child proof my house until I do.

Now my sister of course does not have a child proof house and this is what they do at her house, and also add in spilling all over her house whatever is in their sippy cups and she also has crayon all over her walls in her house.

She does not reprimand them when they do this in my house because she lets them do whatever they want at her house and frankly she can't and chooses not to control them and it PI$$ES me off!

This is MY house not YOUR house and have some respect.

She claims my kids will do the same to my house. Now yes, I will have to childproof my home when I have kids and it won't be tidy, and kids are hard to keep at bay, but I will try my hardest to teach my kids to respect things to their greatest comprehension while keeping in mind that not everything can be perfect.

fit chick I can GUARANTEE I would NEVER even be able to comprehend doing anything like that to anyone else's belongings and especially the beautiful upgrades you mentioned you did to your home. I can understand where you are worried though. Not everyone takes pride in there material belongings. I am materialistic, and I don't mean to be rude but it sounds like you are too and there is perfectly nothing wrong with that. Not everybody is and those that aren't I can respect that too.

Anywho, I have talked enough!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Dec 7 2003, 07:37 PM)I used to have a fall - end of summer party and a super bowl party every year. I spend hundreds on tons of food and drinks. Then a few years ago after all new carpet, tile, and paint, I had one of my parties. People that were friends of friends came in with hiking boots on and stuff on my new LIGHT grey carpeting. Needless to say, there was spots on it that I couldn't get out. So now......no more parties.

my advise........ask people to remove their shoes. Many parties I go to are like this. Not a big deal. One party coming up, it says bring your slippers on the invite.

One more thing, have cleanup stuff (wet towel, spot shot) handy so if an accident does happen, you can get it right away. Oh, and put some condoms in your bathroom.

condoms good idea, well if everyone just stays in the basement or kitchen were food will be everything should be ok.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
For Cook The Bird & Dyngus!

Im going to rent 2 portabodies! Theyll be right outside my back door. Sure itll be a little cold. But that will keep everybody in the basement and Flo. room. Sparing the rest of my house. Were moving some time next year.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
If you have a party where its open invitation, as soon as theres more then 20 people. EXPECT something to be destroyed.

Also wouldnt call it a bash.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Dec 7 2003, 08:00 PM)If you have a party where its open invitation, as soon as theres more then 20 people. EXPECT something to be destroyed.

Come to my Party, its going to be a BASH! Wawhoooo, just dont spill anything.

I know one chick who spilled red wine twice in a row at Mananananas. I wont mention any names.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(CBJ @ Dec 7 2003, 08:00 PM)If you have a party where its open invitation, as soon as theres more then 20 people. EXPECT something to be destroyed.

It wasnt an open invitation, invites were mailed out . I too have sent out invites. I dont expect my house to get destoyed. I hope people have enough courtesy and respect for others to be careful and still have a good time. The red wine was spilled because people were carless and drunk. I am sure it wasn't intentional but in any case it was all over and didnt come clean. I'm not expecting for my house to be spottless since it is a party, i jiust hope people have respect and keep things under control. This will be our 6th annual party and so far everyting has been great. THis by far will be our giggest and best yet!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(CBJ @ Dec 7 2003, 08:20 PM)Ill be bringing a gift basket to the party.
oh perfect CBJ, RED WINE and goodies.....

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
You might want to consider a couple of throw rugs (on the white carpet) in the main walkway and a sign asking people to take off their shoes. I'll bring some little slippers to put on my feet

I did see the aftermath of Dyngus and WOW, CBJ, your house got hit pretty bad, a lot of spills. There were a few people that helped clean but it did take a toll on your house.

I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you just invite people you know.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts