Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
True or False........

1. The Bible says that exactly three wise men traveled from afar on camels to visit the infant Jesus as he lay in the manger.

2. The modern image of Santa Claus was created by Coca-Cola.*

3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was created for Montgomery Ward department stores.

4. Two of Santa's reindeer were originally named 'Dunder' and 'Blixem,' not 'Donner' and 'Blitzen.'

5. The suicide rate increases significantly during the winter holiday season.

6. Poinsettia plants are poisonous to humans.

7. Candy canes were created to symbolize Jesus, their shape representing the letter "J" and their colors standing for the purity and blood of Christ.

8. Christmas cards date to 1843.

9. The song The Twelve Days of Christmas was created as a coded reference to important articles of the Christian faith.

10. 'Xmas' is a modern, disrespectful abbreviation of the word 'Christmas'.

11. The day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year in America.
Answers:

1. False
2. False
3. True
4. True
5. False
6. False
7. False
8. True
9. False
10. False
11. False

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Dec 18 2003, 08:10 AM)wondering now, what day then is the biggest shoppng day of the year??...
I just heard on the radio yesterday that the weekend before Christmas is the busiest day. All the people that need to do last minute shopping .

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
What are all the correct answers to the false ones?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 18 2003, 09:12 AM)I dunno..........
Sowwy..........
Dammit, woman! <_<

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Where did you get these factoids?

I would say #2 is True, although earlier depictions of Santa exist and Thomas Nast drew a comical Santa similar to the Coke Santa, it was Coca Cola that generated the familiar image of the santa we expect to see now.

I distinctly remember when "Xmas" first began being used and everyone railed against it saying it took Christ out of Christmas, when it was meant to be a generic holiday label.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(boatmonkey @ Dec 18 2003, 09:22 AM)Where did you get these factoids?

I would say #2 is True, although earlier depictions of Santa exist and Thomas Nast drew a comical Santa similar to the Coke Santa, it was Coca Cola that generated the familiar image of the santa we expect to see now.

I distinctly remember when "Xmas" first began being used and everyone railed against it saying it took Christ out of Christmas, when it was meant to be a generic holiday label.
snopes2.com

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 18 2003, 09:28 AM)THANKS! Now my husband can stop calling me "woman"

Never!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts